Search Unity

Reflection probes never finish rendering under certain conditions

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ArachnidAnimal, Sep 30, 2019.

1. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Unity 2017.4.18f1.
    I have struggled with intermittent issues with realtime reflection probes for a long time. I think I finally figured out the issues:

The realtime reflection probes never finish rendering under the following conditions:
    1. Refresh mode is On Awake
    2. Using Realtime GI (Enlighten)
    3. When the lighting (with bounce intensity > 0) in the area of the probe is constantly changing every frame (a light is moving, the bounce intensity is changing, etc) every frame.

The reflectionProbe.IsFinishedRendering(...) is always false
    Basically, lighting changes occurring during realtime which cause the Global illumination to change or be "recalculated" in the area, are preventing the reflection probe from ever completing rendering.

Only when I stop updating the lighting in the area for about 10 frames will the reflection probe finally finish, otherwise it appears to never finish.
    Seems like a bug.

I don't know if it's an issue with Enlighten or Unity, but due to Enlighten going away I don't want to spend time submitting a bug report unless someone at Unity responds here and suggests submitting a bug report.

2. dcmorvant36

dcmorvant36

I was having the same problem. One thing to check is the Project Setting > Quality > Realtime Reflection Probes is set to true.

Ghat-Smith likes this.