Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Reflection Probes in HDRP.

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by eduroam, Sep 9, 2018.

1. eduroam

eduroam

Hi, I write this post, because I have an issue with the reflection probe using HDRP, and I don't know if it's a bug.

I have an scene with this initials Reflection Probes (RP).

The central structure has connected just to one reflection probe.

However, the pillars (black arrow), are independent mesh. The reason because I did this, was because I wanted to improve the reflection in this elements, I realized that use only one RP don't provide me the result or the visual that I want.

So I decided to create a RP to each pillar that enclose it.

And connect each RP to the Anchor override of each pillar.

At the beggining, everything look fines, each pillar has now its own reflection, but I have a couple of issue when I activate more than two RP in the pillars.

When I activated the fourth:

As you can see others elements in the scene start to change its reflection, but why?. When I check the inspector the reflection probe of the pillars are not in the list of the others elements, so why these elements are altering its original reflections when I activated these RP.

I hope made me understand.

Regards

2. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to share the scene ?
    Looking at your setup you shouldn't even need to use the anchor override to have good results.

3. eduroam

eduroam

Hi, thanks for the reply, here I send you the files. In the scene there is a simple version of the stage, because I can't send to final Low poly version. However, the issue is there.

I'm using Unity 2018.2.0f2 (64-bit) and HD Render Pipeline V.3.0.0

Link Files

4. Remy_Unity

Remy_Unity

Unity Technologies

So, I took a look : the issue is that you're hitting the limit of simultaneous probes on screen.

Check your render pipeline asset and change "Reflection Probe Cache Size" to be higher than your number of probes.
    Also, you should change the "Planar probe cache size" to a lower number, like 2 :)

upload_2018-9-20_10-46-21.png

5. eduroam

eduroam

Thanks, it works :)