Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Reflection Probe CubeMap not rendering correctly

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by SimonsCat, Jul 21, 2021.

1. SimonsCat

SimonsCat

Hi guys...

I have a problem in HDRP (7.6 Unity 2019.4.26). When I render the baked Reflection Probe one of the CubeMap sides is rendered with different settings. Seems like it's not using the active volumes that are set in the scene. It's always the same side, the +X axis. This happens with all reflection probes in all our scenes.

I'm attaching two images. The first shows the rendered reflection probe with a lower exposure and the second one with higher exposure. You can clearly see one side of the cube map, and the white version shows how much different are the settings when that side is rendered.

Screenshot 2021-06-09 115058.png

Screenshot 2021-06-09 115130.png

Can you help solve this mistery? I tried with all kind of volume settings and PP on/off but I cannot get rid of that faulty side.

Cheers,
    Simon

2. pierred_unity

pierred_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey, it seems that particular face fails to render the ambient probe.

Please create a bug with a small sample project so that it's easy for our engineers to reproduce and fix this bug/regression.

3. SimonsCat

SimonsCat

Ok, I did it in the HDRP template scene... and I found something related to this bug. It's the directional light.

If the Light direction (Z) is alligned with the X world direction the CubeMap looks ok, if I turn the light around (by 90 or 180 deg) the black side of the cubemap appears.

(Case 1352525) (HDRP) Reflection Probe CubeMap not rendering correctly

I converted the project in 2020.3.7 (HDRP 10.4) and there it seems to work ok.

4. iamarugin

iamarugin

Looks like this bug is still present in Unity 2021.3 and HDRP 12.1.10
    One face is missing a dynamic ambient probe.
    upload_2023-3-16_15-26-44.png

5. RistoPaasivirta

RistoPaasivirta

I noticed that this applies when using point lights as well.
    The position of the light relative to camera seems determine which side gets darker.