Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Reflection probe blending support

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by BonneCW, Mar 15, 2020.

1. BonneCW

BonneCW

Hi there,

Is there some ETA for reflection probe blending?

I hoped it will be supported as soon as URP is production ready, but it still doesn't work and the feature comparison page stills shows it under "in research" which I guess can mean everything from won't be supported to coming soon.

Most important for me is whether it will be supported in 2019.4 because I have a project that will settle down on 2019.4 that uses a lot of reflection probes and if it won't be supported I have to either downgrade to built-in or find some workaround for the ugly hard edges at reflection probe borders I have at the moment.

2. BattleAngelAlita

BattleAngelAlita

It's pretty easy to add probe blending in to URP. Unfortunately, package system revert any modifications of code inside package. So only way to modify URP is to copy it to Asset folder, and then modify.

3. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

Heyhey,

We've been working on this recently and were ready to ship it in the next release. But we discovered a bug in the SRP Batcher which needs to be taken care of first and then we're ready.

We hope to be able get it in 2019.4 but I can't promise. In worst case it will be in 2020.1.

4. BonneCW

BonneCW

Thanks for your response.

Would be very good to have it in 2019.4 so I don't have to fork URP for this fix.

2020.1 is not really an option as the game is going to be released later this year and I want to stick to the LTS version when it's out (even though 2020.1 sounds promising).

5. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

Totally understand that.
    It's just a question whether we'll be able to backport the fix to SRP Batcher to 2019.4. Fingers crossed.

6. BonneCW

BonneCW

Any update on this?

7. Nzollner_Unity

Nzollner_Unity

Unity Technologies

We are still working on a fix for the SRP Batcher.

8. Raqus

Raqus

Is this feature implemented in 2020 beta ?

9. DebugLogError

DebugLogError

I downloaded 2020.1.0b9 today to see if it had AO, shadow masks, reflection probe blending, light cookies, or any of the other basic features I'm waiting for... They weren't there.

unityunity