Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Reflect in VR

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by unity_aica01, Oct 18, 2021.

1. unity_aica01

unity_aica01

Hi, i´m having some problems in the vr part of Reflect... I was wondering if I could just replace de VR part with the valve solution (Steam vr plugin) which I find easier to set up and to develop. Is it possible? Or I will run in several errors and headaches?

if you are wondering what kind of issues i am experiencing are things like the ones below:
    · Some times the vr mode fails to initialize
    . Some times when i sucessfully enter vr mode, its like the editor recognizes the vr head set, and if i am watching the monitor in the game window i can see what the headset sees but the headset its like turned off...
    . For some reason the controllers turns crazy and maybe disappear or popup or may be it start moving by itself and gets to a random location in my model(obviosly this is while i get the controllers in my hands)
    .the rays to interact with the ui and with the model gets pretty crazy too (disappears, or cast a extremely long ray, dos not allow to select tools...etc)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
unityunity