Search Unity

Reflect floating licenses

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by ogonzalezbinarysoul, Sep 14, 2020.

1. ogonzalezbinarysoul

ogonzalezbinarysoul

Where can I get some information about how the floating license system will work? I tried to contact with an industrial sales rep from Unity but I'm not getting response.

We need to know if we would be able to share a reflect license between organizations.

The specific use case is being us the company that develops a product for AEC customers who lack Unity expertise, and they are not willing to manage an organization on their own. Our company would integrate the product with Reflect, and be the one acquiring and managing the licenses, distributing them among several customers.

In this scenario, those customers would occasionally export their models (let's say once every three months). In such case, will Unity allow us sharing licenses between those customers so they can activate and use it only when they need to export the model, or each organization would need to own a license and pay for the full year usage even if they only use it 4 times in a year?

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    We don't actually support floating licenses at this time, and I don't know when this will happen. At the moment, you'd have to get a Reflect license for your customer, and they would need to create a UnityID. You would be able to manage the license and seats yourself though, as long as you add your customer to your Organisation (or anew common org) through the Unity portal and reassign seats of Reflect to your customers, as you need them. It's just a manual process.

unityunity