Search Unity

Reflect Extensions for pro

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by dandeery, Aug 19, 2020.

1. dandeery

dandeery

I have been looking at the AEC Reflect digital series. In it they talk about Reflect extensions been available for Pro. I can't see it in my package manager. In the Video they also have a Reflect pull down menu not available to me in Pro after installing the Reflect package .

I'm using pro build

upload_2020-8-19_12-41-58.png

Thanks

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey dandeery!
    The Reflect extensions are available on github here: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/Reflect-Extensions
    These are a series of tools that some of our internal folks have developed while using Reflect, and are not part of the official Reflect package, therefore not officially supported, but we wanted to make them available to everyone because we found them useful nonetheless!
    Also note that Reflect today support LTS versions of Unity, so 2019.4.It should still work with 20.1 though.

3. dandeery

dandeery

Thanks you for your reply. It doesn't appear to work with the version I have installed.

I went to the package manager. Add package from URL. Pasted in the URL clicked Add and nothing appears to happen and it doesn't appear in my list of packages. It would be good to have to review the code samples.

4. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

Hi dandeery,

I have noticed that when adding from a git repo url, it may take several clicks here and there in the project window (assets or packages) for the package manager to refresh and eventually load the package.

I'll keep you posted if I find a better solution to this.
    Fred

5. dandeery

dandeery

Thanks Fred. I'll have a play around with it. If I get it installed I'll update you here

6. dandeery

dandeery

Is the c# code available for the Extension scripts?

7. FredMoreau

FredMoreau

Unity Technologies

Yes, it's all part of the package, and some of it is in the samples that you can import from the package manager.

8. dandeery

dandeery

I downgraded my Unity to 19.4. Manually downloaded the extension and it appears to work now

Thanks for your help