Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Reflect - Bidirectional synchronisation Unity to Revit

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by VincentGoupil, Sep 11, 2020.

1. VincentGoupil

VincentGoupil

Hi,

i'm currently working on a VR project which let the users walk through a building. This building is imported with the Reflect plugin from Revit To Unity. Reflect gives the possibility to synchronise changes from Revit and apply them directly in Unity using their Relfect prefab.

I'm looking for a way to do it both ways. I want to let the user to move some objects in the scene (So in runtime) and send back every changes to Revit.

Do you think there is a way to do it?

2. mgear

mgear

3. VincentGoupil

VincentGoupil

4. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

@vgoupil Can you tell me a bit more about your use case? Are you looking to model in VR, move small objects, only BIM information, notes & annotations? I'd love to get some insights!

5. VincentGoupil

VincentGoupil

Hi David !
    I'm working on a hospital use case. I want to give them the possibility to see there future building before it is built and VR is a great tool to do it.
    I will be able to get feebacks from doctors or nurses, if they see a detail they think it should be modified. Prevention is better than cure.
    An example, they could slightly move a switch on a wall, because it is too low. Or to access specific plug that is too far left or right.

So, as it is already possible to synchronize positions from Revit To Unity, I would like to get it from Unity to Revit. Today i'm using BCF files (used by viewer softwares) to save every position delta AND then, if necessary, move manually into Revit. Position is a good start to synchronize. BIM information could be great too in the Editor to change phase number for example since I prefer working on Unity ;)

6. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey @vgoupil
    Thanks, this helps a lo with the context! This is a surprisingly common use case :D I'm guessing that you wouldn't want a doctor or nurse directly & permanently changing the Revit file themselves, without being able to review it yourself later on to confirm the changes are OK, right? So you' need some kind of review system in place as well for this to be useful?

7. VincentGoupil

VincentGoupil

Yes exactly ! It would be great to have a review system indeed. A summary of the changes and choose the one you accept or refuse before sending it to Revit.

DavidMenard likes this.
  8. XR_BBRI

XR_BBRI

something working in a similar way to what fuzor is doing my be nice