Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Referencing Mono Framework assemblies

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by VacuumBreather, Sep 29, 2017.

1. VacuumBreather

VacuumBreather

So I'm trying to use MEF (Managed Extensibility Framework) in the bleeding edge Mono of Unity 2017, but I'm unsure how to properly do it.
    Obviously I can't add the reference in the Visual Studio project since that's not only blocked but would get overridden everytime Unity regenerates the project anyway.
    The only thing i found in the forums is "copy the assembly into your asset folder". Is that really the way to do this? I mean, is there no place in the editor where I can tell Unity how to generate the project, to add a reference and copy the assembly in question to the build output later?
    Do I have to have that stuff in the asset folder? And if so.. it's a bit tricky to find the right one.

Do I use the one in Unity\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.5 or in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\MonoBleedingEdge\lib\mono\4.5-api and so on.

I thought I had been able to add a reference to mono framework stuff in the past but I can't remember how. I THOUGHT there was some window in the editor where I could specify that.

Any help on this would be appreciated. If the best solution really IS copying the dll to the asset folder than I'd like to see this optimized in the future. I understand why I can't simply do it in my IDE as usual, but there should be a UI in the editor to do this. I shouldn't have to go assembly hunting.