Search Unity

Reference: Oculus Go

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by TicklePickle, Mar 21, 2019.

1. TicklePickle

TicklePickle

How to create an onclick event on a UI button to change the scene in VR. I would like to point the Oculus Go remote at an object (button) - click the primary trigger and have the button perform an on click event to perform some other action (like change a scene) I can already do this on other platforms just not Android. I have most of it down - just not the part that actually performs the press in a VR world space. Thoughts? Help I'm drowning!!!!! Thank you before hand ( I hope). Have a great day.

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's a bit involved to code yourself (though totally doable if you dig enough into how the UI/Event system works).

So you might want to dig through the Oculus Integration samples — there are components that do this for you. I don't use them myself, so I can't say very much about them, except they exist and they do work.

Or if you get an asset like Curved UI, you'll find that it comes with a custom raycasting implementation that works just fine (this is more or less what we use in Beatron 2000).