Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Reference "CrossfadeLOD" in ShaderGraph

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by Paddington_Bear, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Paddington_Bear

Paddington_Bear

Hi all.

Does anyone know if we're able to reference CrossFade (https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/LODFadeMode.html) in Shader Graph without cooking up a custom node? I'm no shader chef but as I understand the reference: gets fade % based on LOD distance and sends it. Seems to me that should be straight forward to reference in ShaderGraph no?

If you don't know what I'm on about: you can fade between LODs but this has to be done at the shader level as, while unity will report Fade%, it hasn't integrated that into any of its standard shaders.

I would be fiddling around with it right now, but I'm otherwise busy unfortunately. Anyone have any experience here?

Yaom_ng and hippocoder like this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Adding my own use case:

Would like to control the amount of "fading" (assumed to mean screen door) because I want to quickly fade things in a nice way that have to be rendered opaque, such as a player or item too close to the camera.

Alternatively trigger it via API somehow.

Thanks for any consideration.

Paddington_Bear and Peter77 like this.
unityunity