Search Unity

Bug Reduced additional punctual light shadows resolution...

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by evyatron, Sep 13, 2022.

1. evyatron

evyatron

Working on a large map in the Editor I keep getting these log messages in the console:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Reduced additional punctual light shadows resolution by 2 to make 187 shadow maps fit in the 4096x4096 shadow atlas. To avoid this, increase shadow atlas size, decrease big shadow resolutions, or reduce the number of shadow maps active in the same frame
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    This does not happen at runtime because of the game camera, however in Edit Mode while just flying around the map I guess there are too many light sources.

This isn't really an issue, as far as I can tell, it sounds like a game message being thrown for the scene view camera? Or am I not understanding the issue correctly?
    Is there any way to stop this from happening? Whenever I for example go to 2D view to work on UI, it frames the entire world, spamming this message on every frame.

upload_2022-9-13_9-49-34.png

2. evyatron

evyatron

3. evyatron

evyatron

Almost a week later, another bump - any response from Unity please?

This doesn't happen when turning off lighting in the Scene View - so it definitely feels like a render pipeline message that should be on for game cameras but NOT editor. Any workaround includes turning off individual lights based on distance from camera, reducing the camera far clip plane, or just turning off scene view lighting completely - but these are all just that, workarounds, and are far from ideal.

Could anyone from Unity please reply and let me know if this is expected and by-design, and maybe provide an explanation if so?