Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Redownload all published changes

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by BusterTheWizard, Nov 2, 2019.

1. BusterTheWizard

BusterTheWizard

I have used various versions of Collab across various versions of Unity and have had the same recurring issue but I am curious if others have.

If I have to hard reset my PC for any reason while Unity is open (a driver crashes or a program freezes my PC), Collab will lose track of the project, mark every single asset as new, and tell me I need to redownload every push since the beginning. So far the only fix I've found is deleting the project folder and redownloading it as a fresh project which is incredibly frustrating and time consuming.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @nixtwiz, that really sucks. Could you tell me which version of Unity and Collaborate you've most recently used where you're seeing this behavior? It sounds like your snapshot file is getting confused on which files have been synced and which haven't after these hard resets. When they happen again, before you redownload your project, go into your project's Library/Collab folder and delete the CollabSnapshot file? Restart your project and see if your files are synced properly again.

3. BusterTheWizard

BusterTheWizard

Hi @ryanc-unity, this past time I was using 2019.2.9f1 with Collab 1.2.16. I had to hard reset because of a driver crash so it might have been a combination or those, or not necessarily because of the reset at all. It was just afterwards that I had an issue. I've had it happen before on earlier Unity versions but I don't remember the specifics as it was only now and again, but it I suppose it may not have been the reset itself but whatever unrelated issue prompted me to hard reset... either way I will definitely try that if it happens again, thank you!

4. MastermindInteractive

MastermindInteractive

I'm wondering if this is the same problem I'm having. Windows tried to do an update while in sleep mode (laptop, closed lid) and for some reason it always requires a hard reset because my screen doesn't come on when I open the lid. After opening Unity again, Collaborate consistently says I need to update my local version even though it is the latest version. It also shows every version commit as being available to download. I do see a log that says "The editor layout could not be fully loaded..." I'm using 2019.2.8f1.

Attached Files:

5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @MastermindInteractive, that does sound like a similar issue. The "editor layout" issue is a more minor one that is just letting you know that some element of your layout couldn't be loaded correctly so it reset to the default layout. This can happen when an Inspector window that was previously open couldn't be recognized, like when going between Unity or package versions. The windows should reopen just fine.

As for the issue of seeing every commit needing to be downloaded, could you also try my earlier suggestion with your CollabSnapshot file and see if that helps unblock you?

6. AbdurRehman_Gamination

AbdurRehman_Gamination

after restart my project .. unity collab give me whole project Size update, these are my changes in project that i have push, and it gives me all project update

Attached Files:

7. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @unity_pN1xcuNw9urTGg, please try the following:

1. Close your Project.
    2. Go into your Project's Library/Collab folder and delete the CollabSnapshot file.
    3. Reopen your Project and wait for Collab to resync.

Let me know if that resolves your issue.

8. AbdurRehman_Gamination

AbdurRehman_Gamination

@ryanc-unity I deleted this file , after that problem Still remain same

9. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

If that hasn't resolved your issue then please get in touch with our Support team by doing the following:

1. Navigate to project on the Developer Dashboard.
    2. Select Collaborate > Support from the left hand menu.
    3. Click on Open a Ticket and fill out the support form.

Please let them know that you've tried deleting the snapshot file already. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.