Search Unity

Red dot over Messages icon because of "Discussion Channels" is just cruel

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by andrew-lukasik, Nov 30, 2017.

1. andrew-lukasik

andrew-lukasik

Please stop this. You are Unity and not FB, for god sake, to force your users to constantly check their inbox because of notifications.

Thank you,
    Every human being

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Seems like cruel is an extreme phrase for this, and you can speak for yourself.

3. markp-unity

markp-unity

Hey Andrew,

Sorry that this is annoying you! I am obsessive with clearing notifications so I can understand. My best advice at the moment is to 'Leave' the discussion channel that is creating the notifications. You can do so by clicking on the right panel that brings up the user list, finding your name and clicking the menu option to leave.

Good rule of thumb is you don't really need to check on that notification unless there is a number - which means you have either personal messages or you have been @name in a group message. Thanks!

Deleted User likes this.
  4. andrew-lukasik

andrew-lukasik

Thank you for your response. I noticed there is a way to finally opt out, but in general I'm under impression this add a bit too much of a "cpu" unnecessary cost to filter this from ones attention. Even Facebook splits general notifications from personal messages and I believe it's might be for a good reason.

@hippocoder I'm seriously sorry for phrasing it that way now. I hope you forgive me that! : )

Deleted User likes this.