Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

RectMask2D: Refreshing the clipped area?

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by CrabSchell, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CrabSchell

CrabSchell

I have a ScrollRect with a list of Text objects. The number of text objects is clamped such that it will never grow past a certain size. Once the maximum size is reached, old entries are recycled and pushed to the beginning of the list again. I am running into an issue were the clipping region of the Rect2DMask is not refreshed whenever I move the old items back to the beginning of the list. What is the proper way to force the Rect2DMask to refresh? Is it simply calling the "PerformClipping()" method? Or is there a better way to accomplish this?

2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

How are you moving the items to the front of the list? We should automagically be handling this I think. Can you raise a bug with a repro scene and I'll make sure we get this working in a patch release.

3. paperdroid

paperdroid

Would be curious to hear if you found a solution to this. I think I'm running into another manifestation of the same bug. I'll try to repro in an empty scene.