Search Unity

Recording is not available now (this was available before)

Discussion in 'Unity Everyplay' started by www_3dart_es, Oct 15, 2016.

1. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Hello, I am implementing Everyplay in a game that is published on Play Store, but I didn´t publish the game with everyplay to Play Store yet. I am integrating the functionality in this moment.

I turned on "Enable test buttons", and "Android enabled" is also turned on. It was working correctly. I correctly Start recording, and Stop. All works correctly. But some days ago I opened the app in my phone and now the "Start recording" is gray, and I can not press it.

I revised in Everyplay developers dashboard and my phone is not blacklisted. Also the "Android enabled" is turning on in the Unity proyect.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900F).

What happen?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  2. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Note:
    I am implementing Everyplay in other game (not published on Play Store yet) and all works correctly. I disabled the "Enable test buttons" and use my own code to start and stop the recording and all works correctly. I can also Upload the replays to Everyplay services. And all works correctly.

What is going wrong with my other game?

Thanks in advance.

3. hidingspot

hidingspot

I'm having a similar issue. I haven't been able to find anything that I've changed on my end that would cause the problem.

Everyplay now only ever becomes "ready to record" on my Android 4.1.2 phone, but not on my Android 7.0 phone. I haven't looked into this on the Android plugin side, but could it be related to how the new Android permissions work?

4. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

I asked to support@everyplay.com and they answered me:

This sounds a lot like the Everyplay Failsafe Mechanism being activated.
    The Failsafe Mechanism was put in place to let the game function even if the device does not play well with our SDK.
    If our SDK detects a crash during certain subroutines, it automatically disables itself for subsequent runs.
    However, the current implementation has some edge cases which may lead to the Failsafe Mechanism being activated inadvertently.

Unfortunately at the moment the only way to clear the flag is to remove the app from your phone / clear the app's cache.

We're soon releasing an update which will improve compatibility and stability of our SDK. In addition, it contains a revised version of the Failsafe Mechanism, which should lead to much lower amount of false positives.

Seems that they will release the new version between this or next week.
    You can ask them in the mentioned email about Android 7 and related permissions.

Regards.

5. hidingspot

hidingspot

Thanks for sharing the info! Did reinstalling the app/clearing the cache fix it for you? It still doesn't work for me on the phone I was having issues with.

6. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

I did tried clearing the cache but it didn´t works. You need to "erase data" of the app, then you will lose the records that you have in Playerprefs (if you have it).

7. 00christian00

00christian00

They could simply tell us where they store this failsafe info se we could delete them by script.

8. gfaraj

gfaraj

This is happening on my device as well. I uninstalled / reinstalled my app and it didn't clear the flag - still says recording is disabled. It seems like this fail safe is getting far too many false positives, and is really hard to remove.

10-19 17:01:43.420 30555-30629/? I/Everyplay: com.everyplay.Everyplay.communication.w.d() (line:-1) :: Everyplay failsafe mode enabled, limited functionality enabled to avoid potential crashes
    10-19 17:01:43.421 30555-30629/? I/Everyplay: com.everyplay.Everyplay.d.a() (line:-1) :: Cached device settings disable recording support, checking current status from server

9. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

@p3dart-es Any update from Everyplay regarding the false positives, stability, and compatibility? We're also experiencing issues where Everyplay seems to just fail sometimes and it will never recover. It some instances it seems that it won't recover until we fully uninstall.

10. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Seems that they didn´t release a new version yet. Version: 2121-1540 (Sep 13, 2016) is on Asset Store in this moment. They should released a new version last week, but seems that they have a delay.

We hope that they release the new version soon.

11. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

I just try to upload a video replay from my app and I saw a popup message that said:
    "A newer version of the Everyplay SDK is available. Please visit https://developers.everyplay.com/ to download the latest version."

But when I try to download it is the old version yet (Version: 2121-1540 (Sep 13, 2016)).

It have a delay to be published on Asset store?

and, to update the SDK, how we should do it?. Importing the package and overwriting the existing SDK files? or we need to delete manually the old SDK version before import the new SDK?

12. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

13. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

Thanks TitanUnity,
    to update the SDK, how we should do it?. Importing the package and overwriting the existing SDK files? or we need to delete manually the old SDK version before import the new SDK?

Regards.

14. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

I built just now, I overwrote my installation and it seems to be working. (I did not delete anything first).

15. www_3dart_es

www_3dart_es

you got warnings and unselected folders when try to import? What I should do?

16. TitanUnity

TitanUnity

The warnings are just letting you know that those files will be replaced. The dimmed folders just indicate that those folders themselves are not being altered.