Search Unity

Bug Recorder writes corrupted video if recording from Display 2 on same screen

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Thygrrr, Mar 20, 2023.

1. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

Recorder struggles with multiple displays. (see other bug or if the displays are on separate physical screens, it records a 0 byte file)

In this case, Unity records both streams on top of each other, in the wrong size - cropping one, and clobbering the other.

Example: I have this setup of 2 game views, one Display 2 one Display 1.

upload_2023-3-20_12-12-21.png

Unity's recording of this looks like this:
    upload_2023-3-20_12-13-31.png

2. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

This is the video it wrote.

Attached Files:

3. ellka

ellka

Unity Technologies

Hey! Could you specify the recorder settings you're using and what would be your expectation? It will help us better assist (and/or fix the issue). Thanks!

4. Thygrrr

Thygrrr

Here is the report: IN-35823 (project & detailed repro included)

Recorder settings basicaly default, and generated video attached as preview screenshots so other users here can investigate.

The extreme layout is created for the reproducer to visualize the bug, this happens on all aspect ratios but is aggravated if you have portrait-like and landscape-like, including a black bar in the middle if the difference is large enough.

Setup:
    reproduction-layout-preview.png
    Output (expected would be the blue, uncorrupted content of Display 1 game view, not 2 copies of D2 with one being upside down crammed and cropped into the aspect ratio of the D1 view)
    preview-screenshot.png

Wrong forum, but: This bug report also has a tiny baby, IN-35824, which revealed Unity Editor can do something I did not know it can do, and I would love it to do that consistently and by default (draw game view without letterbox in Editor UI scale >100%)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2023