Search Unity

recorder only renders one iteration of the path tracing

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by laurentlavigne, Jan 30, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

which is set at 256 samples

2. cguertin

cguertin

Unity Technologies

Hey @laurentlavigne! Unfortunately the Recorder doesn't fully support raytracing at the moment. It's definitely on our roadmap for future versions but no solid ETA at the moment.

Your other issue is a bit of a weird one. I tried reproducing on my end using the latest version of AOVRecorder (0.1.1-preview2) and Unity 2019.3.0f5 but wasn't able to get the same result. I had a small test scene with raytracing enabled and the settings didn't change after installing the AOVRecorder Package.

Could you tell me which versions you are using for:
    1 - Unity Editor
    2 - HDRP Package
    3 - Recorder Package
    4 - AOVRecorder Package

3. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

4. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

I removed hdrp and brought it back in - it fixed it. latest of everything at the time of the post.

5. MS80

MS80

Are there any news regarding this topic? Is it somehow possible to use the recorder with pathtracing?
    I'm looking forward to record pathtraced animations and pathtraced 360°images ;)

6. aoinekostudios

aoinekostudios

I definitely need this for a project I'm working on and would be happy to support its development.

7. keenanwoodall

keenanwoodall

+1 to getting this in! would love to be able to render out path traced videos from unity :)

8. markvi

markvi

Hi folks, we just published Recorder 2.6.0-exp.4, which adds support for accumulation motion blur and path tracing. We'd love to get your feedback (please use the Audio/Video forum; I will request this thread be moved there).