Search Unity

Recorder: can't record 360° path-traced images

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by fra3point, Jan 14, 2022.

1. fra3point

fra3point

Hello,

according to this page, if you want to use accumulation during the recording (I use it to record Path Traced images) "you can only select Game View or Targeted Camera as the Source for the recording".
    So I guess there's no support for the 360 View mode at the moment.

Is this feature planned for the next versions?

Thanks,
    Francesco

2. PavlosM

PavlosM

Unity Technologies

You are right, there is no support for the 360 view mode when using the accumulation feature (anything that relies on Camera.RenderToCubemap under-the-hood will not work properly).

Currently the only alternative that I can think of is to record 6 separate image sequences, each one corresponding to a different cubemap face (so you have to use a camera with 90degress fov and aspect ratio of 1, each time rotated to look at at different cubemap face) and then create the 360 view with an external tool, taking as input the separate images that you recorded.

Regarding next versions, I'm not the best person to comment on this, but I will point the right people to this thread, so this feature request gets some visibility.

chap-unity and fra3point like this.
  3. fra3point

fra3point

Thank you very much for this info!

F.