Search Unity

Recorder and HDRP with Alpha. HOW NOW?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Thall33, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Thall33

Thall33

Recording animated sequences. Been searching for how to do it correctly for hours, every single piece of internet tutorials or posts are outdated.

I'm using 2020.2.6f1 and Recorder 2.5.4.

I've tried setting the camera to use cull masks and setting background to none but it keeps rendering scene view camera in the distance and ghosting objects
    I tried setting the background color using 0 alpha, that doesn't work.

There also used to be a transparency option in recorder for png, i only found that recording a movie using webM has an alpha option, which again doesn't work because its still taking in the scene view camera in what should be transparent.

HELP?!?!

2. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

I am almost certain that this is a bug with dual screening game view and scene view, or having the camera with the small game view render.

You can always repro this but simply setting the scene and game view screens SBS.
    Since 2020 isn't exactly production ready yet things like this often pop up.

If you're able try having scene view inactive and only active game view while you use Recorder and see if that helps.

3. Thall33

Thall33

Thanks I tried that out, but its just black now, still doesn't seem to take in the abyss as alpha, one step forward I guess. I've ended out just croma keying it out with a solid color, which isn't ideal for various reasons.

I wish I could just get rid of the ray traced shadow ghosting now, the shadows are perfect, but soon as movement is introduced...

4. HIBIKI_entertainment

HIBIKI_entertainment

Oooo how interesting, so strange. Have you got any videos of this? I understand that you may have parts of your scene that would be NDA, so it's fine if you don't.

5. elbows

elbows