Search Unity

Record a scene and then playback allowing user to edit the scene

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by panoramix36, Mar 12, 2019.

1. panoramix36

panoramix36

Hello to all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question so please let me know if I should post it elsewhere.

I have set up a scene where I am using leap motion to interact with some objects that I have placed in it.

I would like the user to be able to record (with UI buttons for "Record" and "Stop") some action, e.g. pick up an object and then release it, and then allow the user to playback (with a UI button "Playback") this particular action, while also being able to (a) move the camera around, i.e. watch the action from different angle, (b) change camera viewing map to depth and normals and, (c) add/remove any objects that exist in the action, e.g. remove the cube that I picked up, so basically only the movement of the hand is visible.

Any ideas to get me started?

Thank you!

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Start with the Unity Recorder - it will record animation clips during playback for objects you target.

3. panoramix36

panoramix36

I was under the impression (after doing some testing) that Unity Recorder uses the the Animation Recorder which generates an animation clip in ANIM format (an export file) and it is not possible to playback that file much less edit the scene while playback.