Search Unity

Recommended Xcode versions

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Mantas-Puida, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorenoBralts

MorenoBralts

Thanks! Is it supported by version 5.6.x or do I need to upgrade to the newer 2017.x ?

2. Mantas-Puida

Mantas-Puida

Updated list of supported Xcodes:
    Unity 5.6.x - Xcode 7.3 / 8.3 / 9.0
    Unity 2017.x - Xcode 7.3 / 8.3 / 9.0

3. andymads

andymads

Glad for that info. Just installing Xcode 9 right now.

4. cybergoogle

cybergoogle

Will I run into any build issues running the following?:

Unity 5.6.3. f1, Xcode 8, El Capitan 10.11.6, iOS 10.3.3

Would like to avoid updating to High Sierra if possible I have a Unity Pro 5.X account and would like to publish to the app store.

5. antifuzz

antifuzz

6. Hotshot10101

Hotshot10101

Other than the AdHoc build is anyone having issues with xcode 9.1?

7. ColinAmuzo

ColinAmuzo

Hi @Mantas-Puida

The main post says
    Is it correct that Unity 5.5 supports Xcode 9? You comment above only mentions Unity 5.6 and 2017.

8. John3D

John3D

I want to develop for iOS so this info is very important. Thanks!

9. ysalmi

ysalmi

Could we please get an updated list for Xcode 9.2 support? Thank you.

10. martonekler

martonekler

Unity Technologies

EirikWahl likes this.
  11. rafalczuj

rafalczuj

Hi. I have a problem with Xcode 9.0.1 and newer ones(reproduced problem up to 9.3 version). I have a game exported from Unity 5.5.3. After some minor corrections it builds perfectly on Xcode 8.3.3 on macOS Sierra.

It was fine for ad hoc testing, but now I need to upload it for TestFlight tests and after that to store, so the minimum requirements are Xcode 9.0 and SDK 11.0.
    My problem is that I can't finish the building process. I'm clicking "Archive" and it compiles like 95% of source code and then it stops, doing anything more than eating RAM. There are 2 or 3 clang processes in Activity Monitor and it states that memory consumption is e.g. 40GB for first process and 4GB for another. And still growing. Actually, computer becomes not responsive and I need to kill Xcode or restart Mac. I have 16GB in my Mac mini and it was enough before.
    I tried with Sierra and High Sierra, tried with all Xcode versions since 9.0.1, tried with command line building - the result is always the same.

From command line building I know, that it stops progressing on:
    CompileC /Users/rafalczuj/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-dikfyuymegvggcbvmrccrzzwfabt/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Bulk_Assembly-CSharp_8.o Classes/Native/Bulk_Assembly-CSharp_8.cpp normal armv7 c++ com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler

No errors, no anything.

Anyone experienced anything similar?

12. jashan

jashan

How about Unity 2017.4.5f1 and Xcode 9.4? Will it blend? ;-)

I was able to do a build with a simple project but am having some strange issues with the Player Settings (will post another posting shortly about this, as it is probably not related).

13. EirikWahl

EirikWahl

Thanks for this list! However, it is not completely up to date. My question is: Can we use Xcode 10 with the latest LTS release (2017.4.11f1)?

14. lostplesed

lostplesed

15. Threepwood

Threepwood

Having an issue with Unity 2017.4.11f1 and Xcode 10.1 and iOS12 on an iPhone X.

I get the following error when Xcode tries to run the app on device after installing it: "iPhone X has denied the launch request."

xcode_error.jpeg

I've tried everything. The same build will deploy and run on an iPad Pro and iPhone 6+, both of which are on iOS11.

So is anyone able to deploy/run under iOS 12 and Xcode 10 yet? I suppose I made the classic mistake of updating iOS too soon and it'll be a month before Unity has a patch?

16. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

I did it, it works for me. But I’m on 2018.2. I occasionally get that message (even before iOS 12), but it was usually fixed for me by just reconnecting the device.

17. Threepwood

Threepwood

Cool, thanks. I'll update to 2018 when I get home tonight and re-test. I had no reason to be on 2017 but no real reason to move to 2018 yet, either.

18. Threepwood

Threepwood

Still cannot deploy to device with iOS 12. Latest 2017 and 2018 versions give the error 3 posts up (Denied launch request). Devices with iOS11 are fine. I updated one of them to 12 and it no longer could have the app run on device (even directly and outside of Xcode).

- disconnected and reconnected device
    - rebuilt game in Unity
    - deleted app from device and re-installed

Nothing works. Seems to me that iOS 12 and Xcode 10 and Unity is simply broken at the moment. Any official word on this or on a patch?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  19. Threepwood

Threepwood

FWIW I get the same two iphone device error log in Xcode as mentioned in the first post: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/106711

kernel AMFI: does not pass CT evaluation, result: 0x80008
    kernel AMFI: Unrecoverable CT signature issue, bailing out

Seems a lot of people are running into this. App installs/runs fine on iOS11, but not 12. No idea what could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.