Search Unity

recommended host for WebGL content

Discussion in 'Web' started by topofsteel, Apr 16, 2015.

1. topofsteel

topofsteel

My current host either does not support WebGL, or they are idiots. I either need to find a new host, or get some space somewhere that I can link to. I was hoping to send an example to a prospective client on Friday. Are there any reliable temporary solutions? I know people used to post Weblayers hosted on Dropbox, would something like that work with WebGL? Please advise, thank you.

2. arumiat

arumiat

Yes you can host on Dropbox in the same way that you did with webplayer. Add the directory to your public folder and share the public link.

Someone somewhere was saying that Dropbox won't serve with Gzip compression or something so loading times may be longer.

3. topofsteel

topofsteel

I cant get the index.html to open, only download it. Do you have a working example you can sen me so I can see what it's supposed to look like from an end users perspective?

4. arumiat

arumiat

right click on the index.html and click 'copy public link'. Paste this into your browser address bar

5. sokki

sokki

I know that the host/server settings needs to be coded properly, so they can accept and show webgl content. I haven't run across webgl on dropbox thou..

Do you have a webgl game?