Search Unity

Recommended free wikis for private game development

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by RyderP, Dec 10, 2020.

1. RyderP

RyderP

Hey folks,

I was wondering what you recommend for free wikis for game development... What I want to do is use a wiki for references on game development, so I'll have a branch for C# language references, Unity development, Blender references, etc.

I am a noob when it comes to this area so free wikis only, as it is just me in my development projects, however I will learn to use it.

Thanks!

2. JoNax97

JoNax97

I can recomend Notion. It Is a mix of wiki, database, note-taking that feels very natural to use. It just doesn't get in the way, and can bend into whatever you need.

3. RyderP

RyderP

It looks quite cool. I'll check it out. Thanks!

4. RyderP

RyderP

Hey so I really appreciate the notion recommendation. You are right in that it is really quite powerful and am starting to learn a lot of it's features. It is not limiting whatsoever, I have a page of code templates that I can simply copy and paste into my project when I want to start new without having to write them all over again. The database feature is really cool. I am currently building a database of most helpful Unity functions and classes with links to the their API to help me learn more what they do(It saves me time clicking through the API manual to find the exact reference). This definitely gives me workflow and gives me opportunities to learn more about Unity.

JoNax97 likes this.