Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions by the end of July. Read our announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Question Recommendations for Greece Pencil Tutorials

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Jayjayfast, Mar 17, 2024.

1. Jayjayfast

Jayjayfast

Hi all,

I might be stepping outside the realms of this board, but I am looking for recommendations on online courses in grease pencil in blender, specifically for making assets to import into unity.

In context I am mid way through a very small 2D RPG game and I've started animating my characters. I had zero animation experience and have found unities rigging system so easy to learn. I've been importing layered PSD's and largely relying on auto geometry. That was great for basic walk cycles and idle animations for stationary characters.

Now I'm attempting the harder stuff, ie my protagonist and some more adventurous animations for NPC's. Suddenly I'm finding Unities rigging system extremely limited compared to what I see people achieve in blender.

My plan is to use blender to animate the easy stuff and do the more complicated stuff in Blender, but oh my, Blender is a definitely step up in difficulty.

I think this is one of the times where a paid course in necessary rather than hours of scrolling through you tube, so does anyone have any recommendations. The key points I would need covered by any tutorials would be importing images as planes, creating and rigging armatures for 2D drawings and exporting animations into unity.

Any recommendations would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance