Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Recomended H.264 and VP8 extentions?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Heptagram064, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Heptagram064

Heptagram064

Hello,

The Unity Documentation recommends the H.264 codec for most platforms and VP8 for linux. I used a video editing software to produce a .mp4 file using the H.264 codec, but when i render this clip to a Render Texture using a Video Player, it gives the warning;

'Color primaries 0 is unknown or unsupported by WindowsMediaFoundation. Falling back to default may result in color shift. Library/Artifacts/c5/c55f837ec4109e5caeb424e542dd9703'

and then ignores the green colour channel in the result.

I assume this is a file format issue?

My video editing software is capable of exporting to a great many of extensions, so i was wondering what H.264 and VP8 extensions would be most optimal for the sake of compatibility?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023
  2. Heptagram064

Heptagram064

This appears to be the fault of the video editing software settings,

This appears to be the fault of my video editing software being incapable of configuring to the appropriate colour standards for H.264.

Unity seems to be able to transcode video assets from any supported extension to a appropriate H.264 or VP8 codec. My apologies for the redundant question.