Search Unity

Recently published my app to playstore, doesnt seem to be findable in the searchbar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LTheunis, Jun 21, 2021.

1. LTheunis

LTheunis

Hi! I just recently published a game to the Android Play Store. Even though i tried my best to use the proper tags / description / name, my game doesnt show up when you look for its name.

Ive been working on a version 2.0 with alot (and i mean alot) more features but seeing the player count so stagnant after initial launch is a bit demotivating.
    Is there someone with some experience post-publishing? Id love to hear from you.
    Kind regards
    Laurens

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.LauLauGames.CryptoSimulator

2. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

How recently? It can take a few days. If your name is loaded (i.e.uses popular words used by thousands of other games) and you don't get a lot of installs it may never show.

3. xjjon

xjjon

Crypto + Simulator is two very loaded keywords that have lots of apps.

It's a huge topic to discuss App Store Optimization (ASO) but generally you can learn a lot by looking at your competitors.

https://play.google.com/store/search?q=Crypto Simulator&c=apps

Check the top apps, ignore the ones that are not relevant, but see what keywords, descriptions, and images people are using. If most of your competitors with those keywords are already very popular, then you can try changing name of app to target more tail-end traffic first to build up.

Your description is not good enough either. Should add some more details on what features you have to add more keywords.

Icon also doesn't stand out. When searching `crypto simulator` most of the icons are similar both in IMAGE and COLOR.

Also you can use the title on the app store as keywords. On the phone it will still use the one you set in Unity. So you could be "Crypto Simulator: Idle Mining Offline Game" or something like that.. (add 3-4 more keywords like this)

--

Try not to be discouraged either. Games are a competitive space. If you enjoy making the game then keep improving it and when you feel it's in a place where you can get decent player retention then you can run some ad campaigns. Organic traffic is tough without any boosts and requires a lot of knowledge / execution / luck to get it right.

LTheunis likes this.
  4. LTheunis

LTheunis

Alrighty Jon, that actually seems reasonable. ASO seems a whole division of its own. Thank you for the brief sum-up, ill make work of it ASAP and let you know how it worked out

xjjon likes this.