Search Unity

Resolved Received error message from Relay: allocation ID client mismatch.

Discussion in 'Relay' started by bluepilkintonching, Nov 30, 2022.

1. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

I have no idea what is causing this error, it happens somewhat randomly, not due to a specific action in-game. What can cause it?

EDIT: A bit more information. This error happens, even when only the host is connected to the relay server. At the moment, it seems to be starting 5 - 15 seconds after the host connects to the relay server (Although it doesn't happen all the time), and then continues to spam in the console between 5 - 150+ times. Sometimes it then takes a break, and then the error starts spamming again. I seem to get this error roughly (or exactly, I'm not sure) twice in between each Debug of
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Netcode] Syncing Time To Clients

Here are my network settings:
    upload_2022-12-1_14-0-0.png

upload_2022-12-1_13-59-41.png

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I believe there was another thread about this where it was attempted to rejoin a client but with a new IP (due to changing Wifi endpoints or similar). If the IP of a client changes, it's considered a different client for Relay according to the docs.

3. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Sorry, I don't totally follow... I don't have any clients disconnecting or reconnecting at this stage. I just have two Instances of the UnityEditor using parrelsync, that are connecting to the Relay Allocation over ethernet.

4. bluepilkintonching

bluepilkintonching

Well I figured out the issue, I seem to be having issues with the internet cutting in and out :eek: