Search Unity

Receipt validation vs Refund

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by Olivier356, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Olivier356

Olivier356

Hi there,

Can anyone explain me what is the point of checking if a receipt is valid when we cannot even check that a purchase has been refunded ?

I mean, the whole point of checking the validity of a receipt is to be sure the user has rightfully purchased a product. But if he purchased it, ask for a refund and we end up with no way to know about it, the same goal has been achieved, user did not give a dime and had the product for free.

omerCratoonz likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Google generally only allows for a single refund. And it should (eventually) show as refunded in the receipt.

3. Olivier356

Olivier356

Hello Jeff and thank you for your answer.

The receipt has a field named purchaseState (i followed this documentation page) but it always contains the value 0 (Purchased) even one week or one month after i refunded the purchase.

Maybe it works this way because i use a test account but then i cannot check if i handle refunded purchases correctly until i publish my app.

I forgot to mention my app is deployed as a beta on Google Play : Nova Escape - Space Runner, maybe it's linked to the way Google Play handle the billing while in an unpublished state ?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We will test and confirm here with regard to refund handling.

5. Olivier356

Olivier356

Great, thank you very much.