Search Unity

[REBRANDED] Unity Asset Tracker (Formerly Unity Package Asset Index) - Editor Utility

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by RKeown3D, Jan 14, 2016.

1. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Here's the latest status update as of this evening.

I am continuing work on v0.9.9.3, in hopes of getting it released soon. I know its been almost 6 months since the last release, but I have run into issues relating to software, hardware and personal.

I am continuing to re-integrate the Editor Windows with the latest version of the UPAI, and have finally located and am working to resolve the issues of Editor Slowness with the UNRELEASED version of 0.9.9.3. It had to do with how I was implementing the back end threads, and I am in the process of fixing this issue, prior to releasing this to the BETA testers, and then eventually to the Asset Store.

Here are some of the changes that will go-live in v0.9.9.3

Ability to track favorite Packages/Package Assets - fixed
    Ability to import multiple assets in the same session (with dependencies)
    Additional Meta Data for Packages on Package Info Window

• Unity Version
    • Upload Date
    • Upload ID
    • Total Assets

Additional Meta Data for Package Assets
    Models
    Mesh Names (Internal)
    Animations Names (Embedded Takes)
    Material Names (Embedded/References)
    Texture Names (Referenced)

Textures
    Height
    Width
    Depth
    Format

Audio
    Bit Rate
    Duration
    Is Variable Bit Rate

I am working as fast as possible to get the next release, but am continuing testing to ensure smooth migration from earlier versions of the UPAI to the latest version.

Thanks for your patience,
    Rob

2. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Work is still continuing on the latest release. I've been away due to a health condition that came up unexpectedly.

Rob

3. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

After a few weeks of delays, and a few visits to the ER, I am back on track, and have worked out numerous issues preventing me from releasing an update, to the UPAI. I am making changes to the backend event system structure, and have increased performance with multi-threading, and should have a new release date within the next few days.

v0.9.9.3 is in the pipeline, and on its way!!!

4. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

The next version, v0.9.9.3 will be targeting the following Unity Versions:

Unity 5.3.x
    Unity 5.4.x
    Unity 5.5.x
    Unity 5.6.x
    Unity 2017.1

Again, Pro is not required.

The price will not go up, until v1.0.0.0 is released.

5. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

v0.9.9.4 will introduce support for both Linux and Mac Operating Systems.

6. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Sorry for the late updates. I've been fighting through the latest round of health conditions, and am still working on a new BETA release. I've been in contact with some users lately, trying to get the word out, but while I was down, my hosting company's mail server went down and lost all the backups, so, I've lost a lot of user specific requests for the UI. I've been trying to recover them from local backups, but was entirely depending on their backups.

This is still an active project and hasn't been dropped. I haven't started working on anything else and won't until this hits v1.0.0.0, as promised.

Thank you to all of you who have hung in there, during this long and drawn out process.

Rob

AGregori likes this.
  7. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

I am waiting on parts for my PC. I'm finally able to purchase a new system board and processor, and will be upgrading it on Tuesday night. I had some issues with a PROC/MB a little under a year ago, and had to purchase used, which weren't very reliable.

0.9.9.3 is just around the corner, with new scan engine, features, etc...

Rob

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  8. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

It cannot find the asset folder in Unity 2017.1.1f1
    Do you have a beta for me? I would then send you an EMail with my invoice number

9. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Let me look at 0.9.9.2 with 2017. I know that there were some changes to the version of mono and .net frameworks in this version set of Unity. Let me look at the issue on my end. I know I've made changes to 0.9.9.3 to support multiple operating systems and Unity Versions.

Give me 24 hours or so, as I'm changing out my mb/cpu today.

If it comes down to simple script changes I'll send them to you, and then submit a version of the package for 2017 support

10. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Ok, there definitely is an issue with 0.9.9.2 and 2017. It has to do with how long ago this package was released and it isn't aware of version 2017 id's. Because of the way it's coded, it's defaulting back to finding the Asset Sore location for v4, because it didn't find a matching id in the lookup for 5.x. I may have coded it to look for v6 at the time, trying to be forward thinking, but that wasn't the scheme that Unity went with after v5.

I have to look at how long it would take ti patch 0.9.9.2 versus completing 0.9.9.3, which is compatible. Right now, I'm very close to completing the upgrade process from 0.9.9.2 to 0.9.9.3 due to some major changes that I've implemented.

I'll take a quick glance at the code to see if it potentially could be a quick fix or not.

11. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Brand new CPU and System Board are in, system is running nicely, and I am back up to 100% working on the latest release.

I may be releasing an emergency patch, to the current version that addresses compatibility issues in v2017.1. I am looking at that, parallel to working on the latest version.

Rob

12. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

EagleEyez, can you send me your email address and invoice number to robert.keown@rk-softwaredev.net? I have an updated set of dll's for 0.9.9.2b that I'd like to have you test.

13. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

I need BETA Testers for the Unity Package Asset Index for both Linux and MAC Operating Systems only. If you are willing to help test this on one of these 2 operating systems, or both, I will provide a copy of the unpublished version of the BETA v0.9.9.4.

Please send me contact and system info (Processor, Memory Amount, OS Version) to robert.keown@rk-softwaredev.net

I am looking for at least 2-3 users for each OS.

Rob

14. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Still working on the changes to the UI. While updating the UI I ran across some things that had to be re-written pon the back-end. I'm really hoping to have this version out, before December 15th, because its a little embarrassing not having an update go out for an entire year, except for a hot-fix. I'm working as fast as I possible can.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

15. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

As of this evening, I've run into a new issue with Unity 5.3.x. the error that is being thrown is "Fatal error in gc." "Too many threads". After researching the issue, it seems that unity has an issue with crating/reusing threads. I have to go back and re-work the code to use the .Net ThreadPool instead of a customized task scheduler, so that the Graphics Card drivers don't puke.

I'm hoping to have this resolved by tomorrow, so that i can finish up this package release.

16. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

I have rewritten the scan process to use ThreadPools, and am re-integrating it back into the editor, as of this evening.

17. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

So, sorry for really late replies, as it's been a rough month for me, medically. Was battling the flu for a couple of weeks, only to get back to dev, and find out that my FX 8350 was bricked by Microsoft's SPECTRE/MELTDOWN patch (Even though it shouldn't have been...). They're reasoning was upgrading the CPU without doing a clean install? Ok, well, as of this evening, it looks like I've been able to recover 98% of my software installs, without having to byte the bullet and re-install the OS and all dev software, which would've been a real pain in the you know what!!!

I had a user contact me a few weeks back for a patch for 2017, only to do the dev, some local testing, and the user then stopped replying to my comms altogether. I do have a patch for the system working with 2017, but would like to get feedback from 1-2 windows users, before submitting it.

If your running the UPAI, on windows and rinning a non-beta version of 2017, please contact me with your Purchase Order number, and i will be more than happy to add you to the beta.

I am back to working on UPAI v0.9.9.3 (Really late, i know), but I'm working as fast and as efficiently, as i can with my medical condition.

Rob

18. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

After running some tests on the latest build, I'm looking at eliminating calculating MD5Hash data for pure Asset Store Packages, and only calculating this for those packages that fall under Exported/Other (Not created with Unity asset store Tools).

This should speed up a lot of the processing on large package files, tremendously, since it wont have to scan the file multiple times (First for MD5 Hash, Second For Package Content).

19. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Also, whats holding up the latest build is the Dependency Checking on FBX files (Not Prefabs). It's working for all ASCII FBX files, but I'm running into some issues on Binary FBX files from 2016 and above. I'm hoping to have this ironed out in the next 24 hours, then back to work on updating the documentation and update procedures online. I've also added in meta data for audio files, such as channels, Format, Length, so you can see this prior to import as well.

The latest version is coming, i promise!!!

20. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

For any current users of the UPAI that want to use Windows based versions of the Unity Editor v2017 and above, I have a pre-release (unsubmitted package) for beta testing. This hasn't been submitted yet as its still with a few beta testers, but the more the merrier!!!

Please contact me with your email address and PO Number, if you'd like an early copy.

Rob

21. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

After a few weeks of testing, and revising the new scan engine, I am finally back to re-integrating with the Unity UI. I am also targeting Windows, Mac, and Linux in 0.9.9.3.

I hope to have an update on when this version will go to the Beta testers, with in the next few days.

It is finally coming, and as for the delays :-(

22. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

The update is progressing, but definitely behind schedule. During test with Unity Editor 5.6, it was discovered that there were some bugs, related to causing the Unity Editor to crash. The issues have been found and fixed, but due to the changes, I have to go back into the new editor scripts, and updates some of the functionality.

Until I'm more confident in the build, i will not post a new ETA for this release.

23. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Ok, good news is I've identified and fixed the issues with starting up and running inside of the Unity Editor. I had to go back and re-write all of the class level initializes to work inside of Unity, without causing crashes.

Here's where we're at now.

The new and improved scan engine is finalized, and includes the following enhancements:
    Scanning All 3d Model File formats that Unity Natively supports, without having to own an external editor is finalized. This will detect Animations, Textures, and Meshes, giving you more insight to what a model includes, before importing it.

I've added in extracting Duration, and other data from Unity AnimationClips
    I've added in extracting Duration, BitRate, encoding and other data from Unity AudioClips
    I've added in extracting Height/Width in pixels, as well as PixelFormat for Textures
    I've added in extracting Script File References to objects (Other unity related obejcts, scripts, models, textures, resources, etc... This is still a work in progress).
    I've added in the ability to also detect what versions of Unity an Asset was created With, both Binary and in YAML format.

I'm reworking the User Interface now, cleaning it up, making it easier to use.

I am definitely trying to get this version compatible with both Mac OSX and Linux. I do have a few BETA testers lined up, but if you have either of these OS's, send me an email, and I'll work with getting you access to the BETA.

I'm also working on Serializing the UI screen data to disk, so it persists between loads of where you last left off within the UPAI. This may not go in, though, until v0.9.9.4, and i promise to not let the time lapse as long as it did, between the last update and this one. I ran into a lot of issues, both within writing the software, and personally, that kept me from getting this updated and released.

Stay tunes, as more updates to come!!!

24. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

It's been a few months since i posted. I decided to step back, and take a break, as i was getting frustrated with trying to get the project working on multiple versions of the editor, as well as OS's simultaneously, and was running into issue after issue.

The project is not dead, just on hiatus.

All of the functionality is still planned, for Windows, Linux and Mac editor versions v5.6 and above, and i will be restarting development on this at the beginning of September. I'll hold off on publishing and planned release dates, as they always came back to bite me.

25. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

The UPAI (Unity Package Asset Index) is going to be re-branded as the Unity Asset Tracker. I'm going back and updating all of the namespaces, breaking the system up to be modular, going forward(Asset Archive Management, Project Management, etc)

I'll post more as i get ready to finally publish a completely long overdue update.

26. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Since there's been no interest in the software, and havent had any support requests or customer questions since losing my customer database a couple of years ago, I am deprecating the package, and letting my web-site expire on March 15th. It was a nice run, but it is costing more than it was worth, and my medical condition is getting in the way of any real advancement.

Thanks again,
    Sincerely,

Rob Keown

Deleted User likes this.
  27. eagleeyez

eagleeyez

28. Deleted User

Deleted User

We truly appreciate your time with us on the Asset Store @RKeown3D .

We wish you all the best, and hope that you continue to pursue your passions and the things that bring you joy in life.

Kind Regards,
    The Asset Store Team

29. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Thanks Chris. I'm glad you were able to find an asset that worked for you, and others.

30. RKeown3D

RKeown3D

Thanks again.

Deleted User likes this.