Search Unity

Rebinding shortcuts (Unity's -> mine) not working

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sjk000, Mar 16, 2021.

1. sjk000

sjk000

Hi, I'm using new Unity 2020.3.0.

Seems like some new hotkeys were added and my class uses the same hotkeys as GameObject/Create Empty Parent: cmd + shift + g.
    Now, when I'm trying to use my hotkeys, a popup appears with a message:

upload_2021-3-16_15-19-35.png

MyMethod:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public static class MyClass
    2. {
    3.    [MenuItem("Test/My Method %#g")]
    4.    public static void MyMethod() { }
    5. }
    I'm choosing to "Rebind to selected command" and "Perfom selected", but then I get Invalid Operation Exception:

Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: No active profile
    2. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutProfileManager.ModifyShortcutEntry (UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.Identifier identifier, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[T] combinationSequence) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/ShortcutManagerEditor/ShortcutProfileManager.cs:320)
    3. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ConflictResolver.ExecuteAlways (UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ShortcutEntry entry) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/ShortcutManagerEditor/ConflictResolver.cs:65)
    4. UnityEditor.ShortcutManagement.ConflictResolverWindow.<OnDisable>b__21_0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/ShortcutManagerEditor/ConflictResolverWindow.cs:263)
    5. UnityEditor.EditorApplication+<>c__DisplayClass96_0.<CallDelayed>b__0 () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:186)
    6. UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_InvokeTickEvents () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:333)
    When I use my hotkeys once again, the popup looks slightly different:

upload_2021-3-16_15-23-50.png

It goes on and on, more and more entries are added. Also, choosing MyMethod, rebinding to selected command and performing selected results in the same exception as mentioned earlier.

Is this intended? How to deal with that? Should I create a bug ticket?

Thanks in advance, Sandra

drbn and Magalek like this.
  2. AndyZuntz

AndyZuntz

I'm getting the same thing with certain hotkeys

3. AndyZuntz

AndyZuntz

I just changed the s/c for the ones that were clashing

4. drbn

drbn

this is happening to me and it's incredibly annoying,, seems like a bug?

5. booferei

booferei

Seems like a bug to me. (And happens to me and annoys me.)

Only happens on this one PC that just got installed with a fresh copy of Windows 10 and then upgraded to Windows 11.

Using Unity 2021.3.1f1.