Search Unity

Reasons for missing latest update version?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by MultivariousDev01, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MultivariousDev01

MultivariousDev01

Hi! I use "Latest 2018.x" in my cloud build projects, and I've noticed that Cloud Build has been using 2018.2.5f1 on my project, even though I've been on (and the ProjectVersion.txt in my repository definitely is) 2018.2.6f1. I noticed going into config that you can't even select 2018.2.6f1 as a direct option, it only goes up to 2.5f1

I thought maybe this was because 2018.2.6f1 didn't offer any changes that would affect the UCB machines, but some of those IL2CPP fixes seem like they would, so now I'm unsure. I would think that the UCB processes would dislike opening a newer project version just as much as local editor instances would... There don't seem to be any issues with the resulting builds, so I'm not really suffering from any issues, I'm just paranoid about it.

Is this an intentional omission of a version? I'm just curious, really. Am I overthinking this? I don't normally notice any delay in when the UCB version gets updated to the official release, let alone a whole week or so.

2. PhilMcJ

PhilMcJ

Unity Technologies

Normally new Unity versions are available in Cloud Build within 24 hours of the public release. 2018.2.6f1 was released and imported into the Cloud Build system right before system issues struck on August 30th (see the thread "UCB Team: Build failures 30 August 2018"), and therefore missed being enabled for building at the time. It's enabled and available now.

Deleted User and ollieblanks like this.
  3. MultivariousDev01

MultivariousDev01

Ahh, excellent! I had wondered if the server issues had affected it... I just didn't know if anyone had noticed it wasn't up.

Thanks so much!

4. Otto_Oliveira

Otto_Oliveira

Is 2018.3 beta not supported?
    I can't find it in the dropdown.

5. PhilMcJ

PhilMcJ

Unity Technologies

2018.3 Beta support was enabled yesterday, after some compatibility details with the new Beta were sorted out. Beta2 is now available as well.

Deleted User and Otto_Oliveira like this.
  6. Otto_Oliveira

Otto_Oliveira

Ok, thanks!