Search Unity

RealWater -Realtime Water Surface Simulation Package

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by blaze237, Sep 6, 2015.

1. blackbird

blackbird

i did the quick settings etc but still no reaction T_T

2. blaze237

blaze237

Ok I'll take a look tommrow morning. I haven't tested real water with the newest versions of unity so let's just hope the issue isn't that unity have gone and broken something again lol :p

blackbird likes this.
  3. imtehQ

imtehQ

It there a way to get it a bit bigger say 200 x 200, instead of 10x10?
    And keep the quallity up?

Also is there a way to check the height of the water at x,z location?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  4. blaze237

blaze237

In regards to large scale planes; this isnt currently possible however it is currently under development. See my posts toawrds the bottom of the first page of this thread for more details and a video demo.

As for a method to get the wave height at some point on the plane; this isnt functionality isnt included however it should be pretty easy to implement, and if youd like i can try and whip somthing together for you?

5. ElectroMantis

ElectroMantis

That normalmap based refraction looks pretty nifty. Does that system rely on having a square flat geometry too, or is it based on the uv space? Essentially I'm wondering if one could one use geometry like this for that method -

6. imtehQ

imtehQ

but this is just with a normal map, so it will be hard to see the waves at a low camera angle?

7. blaze237

blaze237

That example is just using a normal map yes, however you could also use that normal map for tesselation to which will actualy deform the mesh.

Even without though the waves are still pretty visible at low angles. Heres an example

8. blaze237

blaze237

The normal map system will only work properly with rectangular planes, altough obstructions are still supported so theres no reason you cant just use a large plane and have it intersect the terrain to create whatever shaped water body you like.

Heres an example:

9. imtehQ

imtehQ

You had the large water is not yet in it, when will it be ready?

10. blaze237

blaze237

How longs a peice of string lol

In all seriousness its difficult to give you an exact answer, and i dont want to give you a date and comit myself to it when i might not be able to. As a rough guess id say somtime in the next 2 months, i realy want to release by late september at the latest.

Other than ironing out a few bugs, the large scale simulation is all but complete. However i know need to backport that back into the standard RealWater to ensure compatibilty.

So long story short i intend to release by late september if all goes acording to plan. If youre wating out for it before buying then just keep an eye on this thread as ill post as soon as its ready for release so youll be able to grab it quickly before the price goes up.

11. imtehQ

imtehQ

nah i already got it :p

I will just work around it till then ;)

12. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

I have a Problem to bring this asset to my project.

I have create the new Layer RealWaterPlanes,and give it to the Plane.I have change the Physic Settings to off from that layer.I bring the Plane,SpeedManager and mouseInputManager (must i have this for a thirdperson Game?) to the scene.
    Now i give my Player ( have a character Controller) the RealWaterCollider with CharacterController.And it works not.The Plane i have test the rain ,the rain works fine.When i put ethan form exampel scene in the water work he not.what do i wrong.By the way i use Unity 5.4 and have RealWater today installed.

13. blaze237

blaze237

Ive sent you an email

14. Unity-Gripkiste

Unity-Gripkiste

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. Just here to say thanks for the answer and the link, I'll check it out. Raising the plane is Plan B.

15. blaze237

blaze237

UPDATE:

The large-scale/ normal map version of water is all but finished now. All that remains is making some example scenes, updating the documentation and last minute bug fixes, and making sure the new update is 100% compatible with profects using previous RealWater versions.

RealWater 2.0 featuring this new mode will be released by the end of the month bar any unforseen compilcations. As stated before the price is going to be increasing when this happens, so if youve been holding off buying RealWater then id suggest grabbing it now to save youself some money.

16. blaze237

blaze237

hopeful likes this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

I'm thinking I'll pick this up, but I have a question ... is this natively enabled to run a small current or flow of water? That is, if the water is flowing along a stream, will this cause the water to pile up against rocks in the stream and leave a trough in the wake?

Just curious, because I can see that as an application right away. :)

18. blaze237

blaze237

Unfortunately this feature is not available as part of RealWater.

19. blaze237

blaze237

UPDATE:

RealWater V2.0 has now been officially released! :)

20. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

Broken in Unity 2018.2.3. Is this project dead?

EDIT: Found the issue is with the CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs file. It's outdated and needed to be updated by adding the Standard Assets.

EDIT2: There's other errors too. Most prefabs show a broken script link, due to compile errors. This asset needs to be updated.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    blaze237 likes this.
  21. blaze237

blaze237

Hi Johnny thanks for letting me know about this, really sorry for any inconvenience, been really busy these past months and forgot to get around to checking everything was fine with the new editor.

I'll take a look into this today and get an updated version pushed ASAP.

22. blaze237

blaze237

Update:

All problems should now be fixed and i've submitted new version so should be up in a day or two. In the meantime if anyone needs it fixed sooner just get in touch and i can send you the newer version.

I'll note here that in order to get it to work on both the new and old versions of unity, i've used a custom version of the CrossPlatformInputInitialize.cs file ( as far as i can tell the only difference between this and the latest version is the removal of references to the deprecated WebPlayer) , this file has also been moved to the same location where the standard assets package saves them, meaning it wont be imported (or needed) if you already have the standard assets package installed.

twobob likes this.
  23. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @blaze237 !
    I'm interested in your asset but I can not test the webPlayer demos. Is there a possibility that you can pass me the demos to download and test them before buying?

regards

24. JohnnyFactor

JohnnyFactor

I have a tech question regarding ambient settings. The mesh plane has only two edges pinned when Ambient Mode is enabled and it undulates up and down. Is this a limitation or can I change this somewhere?

25. blaze237

blaze237

You can download a standalone version of the mesh mode demo here. Im afraid i dont have a standalone build of the normal map version.

26. blaze237

blaze237

Ive sent you a PM regarding this

27. ftejada

ftejada

@blaze237 Here where?

regards

28. blaze237

blaze237

ftejada likes this.
  29. ftejada

ftejada

Thank!!!
    Regards

30. wechat_os_Qy0yXp-AabwM7V3PkruLOKBdg

wechat_os_Qy0yXp-AabwM7V3PkruLOKBdg

i payed for $25 Can I get a refund? my paypal address is 190850743@qq.com

31. wechat_os_Qy0yXp-AabwM7V3PkruLOKBdg

wechat_os_Qy0yXp-AabwM7V3PkruLOKBdg

my order number is 12369706077276

32. blaze237

blaze237

Ive sent you a message regarding this.

33. dk_unity212

dk_unity212

Hey there, I've been using your asset and I have a few questions about certain things I wanted to achieve. Here is my setup shown in the attachment. I'm using RealWaterNormalMap Component. When I play the game, there is some disturbance on the water by default. Is it possible to disable that? I don't want any movement (just still water) until some interaction is made. So I think my question boils down to this, if there's no force currently acting on the water surface, can I selectively enable/disable the idle movement of the water?

Attached Files:

34. blaze237

blaze237

It looks like you still have the ambient textures applied to the material under the normal map tab, the prefabs by default have the normal map for the simulation actually assigned as the secondary normal map. If you set the normal map of your material there to be blank then it should give you the behaviour you want.

35. dk_unity212

dk_unity212

I tried doing that but it doesn't seem to work. Don't know if I am doing something wrong here. Here's the
    video of what's happening.

36. dk_unity212

dk_unity212

Even after removing both the normal maps, there is this idle waves on the water. I just want it still, nothing to happen unless applied some force on it.

37. blaze237

blaze237

Ah i see what your issue is, you need to also remove the ambient normal map from the top refraction plane, bottom refraction plane and under plane. Or just disable/delete those objects entirely if you dont want them.

None of them are actualy required they're just included as an alternative to having to provide your own water shader that can apply all those effects to a single plane.

38. blaze237

blaze237

Im hoping to release a new version "soonish" that includes a custom double sided shader with refraction, tesselation and a few other goodies that should significantly simplify the workflow for using the normal map mode going forward.

The multiple refraction and under planes included were only really intended as a placeholder to be replaced with some water shader than can handle all that functionality for you.

DragonCoder and vinitius like this.
  39. nieyiyao

nieyiyao

Hi, does this one work with HDRP rendering version? I tried to use it under HDRP, but the shader seems no longer work. Any idea to fix it?