Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

RealToon (An AAA Toon/Anime Shader and Stylized)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by MJQStudioWorks, Jun 30, 2016.

1. BebopTune

BebopTune

Hello, is it possible making color banding effect with this tool? if so how can I do? I already tweak some parameters but I have no clue how to achieve that.

2. ulockes

ulockes

- Includes RealToon (Tessellation Version) shaders.
    When will the URP version be released?
    I've been waiting for RealToon 5.0.9 for a year.:(

3. rmele09

rmele09

Do you have a guide for achieving a classic cel shaded result?

4. MJQStudioWorks

MJQStudioWorks

What kind of classic cel shading?
    Like the Popart style?

5. Chrisdbhr

Chrisdbhr

I saw that URP version of the shader has support for Unity Decals, but looks like HDRP version still does not, is that right? Do you have planned a future support?

6. MJQStudioWorks

MJQStudioWorks

Yes but curently RealToon URP supports it.
    About RealToon HDRP, no planned yet because of unity HDRP code structure complex.

7. rmele09

rmele09

More like Zelda Breath of the Wild? Do character textures need to be specifically painted for that style? I have a character that has a more realistic texture that ive been using realtoon on, and I cant quite mimic that zelda style so far.

8. winter_food

winter_food

When using screen space outlines in URP (Universal Render Pipeline), the outline follows a frame behind the actual camera rendering. In the game, this results in the outline's afterimage being on the previous frame, and then on the next frame, it appears at the current frame's position. The outline is not properly following. It seems like a bug. How can I fix this?

9. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

@MJQStudioWorks hello! I really like this shader and using it in my game, wanted to ask would it be possible to modify this shader with amplify shader asset or somehow else. I really need to add a skin overlay texture with custom skin mask, emission and stuff (want to make it for guns and their skins, maybe make skins for characters also). As far as i know its not that hard but i usually do shader coding with shader graph or amplify shader :)

FlightOfOne and rmele09 like this.
  10. rmele09

rmele09

let me know if you figure this out, I would like to add emission.

11. arimintzu

arimintzu

On color adjustment there's saturation, can we also have contrast ?

12. UsefulWeapon

UsefulWeapon

There is already a possibility to add emission to base texture. You need to enable self lit and apply emission map as usual

rmele09 likes this.
  13. howa9495

howa9495

Hello, thank you for creating such a great shader.
    The default terrain shader in HDRP has a different style compared to the RealToon shader.
    I have been spending a week trying to figure out how to create a toon shader for terrain in HDRP, but I haven't made much progress so far.
    Could you provide any assistance or help in creating a toon shader specifically for use with terrain?

14. the_unity_saga

the_unity_saga

hello

what is the current, most stable and recommended Unity editor version that you recommend your users use? I was seeing some strange issues in 2023. and I am wanting to work in URP deferred shader mode.

15. francesca_unity545

francesca_unity545

Hi,

I would appreciate any suggestions for resolving this error:

Shader error in 'Universal Render Pipeline/RealToon/Version 5/Default/Default': Couldn't open include file 'Assets/RealToon/RealToon Shaders/RealToon Core/URP/RT_URP_Core.hlsl'. at line 1735
    Note, I was able to manually find/open the include file so it does exist at this path.

So far, these are the resolution steps I have already taken:
    1. In Unity's Package Manager, re-downloaded and imported RealToon.
    2. Restarted computer to clear cache.
    3. Found the include file and individually re-imported.
    4. Deleted the Library folder of my project, then re-opened project and allowed Unity to repopulate Library folder.
    I am using Unity 2022.3.16f1.

16. rmele09

rmele09

I'll give that a shot thank you!

17. eliphat

eliphat

Hi, with the Unity 2021.3.32 update the package has been broken.

Shader error in 'HDRP/RealToon/Version 5/Default': use of undeclared identifier '_RaytracingRayBias'; did you mean '_RayTracingRayBias'? at Core/HDRP/Pass/RT_HDRP_RT_ForwPas.hlsl(79) (on d3d11)
    Shader error in 'HDRP/RealToon/Version 5/Default': use of undeclared identifier '_RaytracingRayBias'; did you mean '_RayTracingRayBias'? at Core/HDRP/Pass/RT_HDRP_RT_IndirPas.hlsl(55) (on d3d11)

It looks like stupid unity changing name meaninglessly only to break all the ray tracing code. But it is reporting such an error and I don't know if RealToon should fix this because in that case older unity versions may be unable to use the package.

HoshimiyaSio likes this.
  18. eliphat

eliphat

Sorry I just read that you have fixed it in p8 patch release. However, I have updated the package and I am still seeing the error. I am using the HDRP 12/13 packages.

19. eliphat

eliphat

I updated the names in the files and they compile now.

20. FlightOfOne

FlightOfOne

Hi, is there a way to add or make it appear as seasonal (snow, rain) effects to this shader?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  21. francesca_unity545

francesca_unity545

In case anyone else comes across this issue, this was my resolution:

I deleted the RealToon folder in the assets folder, then re-imported via package manager and unpacked/imported the RP version I'm using.

22. cajphrase

cajphrase

Hi,

There is a significant error in the HDRP shader. With multiple directional lights in the scene, the shader only displays shading for the dimmest directional light instead of the brightest. I've narrowed the problem down to lines 266-279 of RT_HDRP_ForLitPas.hlsl:
    The shader loops all directional lights in _DirectionalLightDatas and runs the RT_DL function on each of them, but as the values are not summed together the light calculation is performed on the last light in _DirectionalLightDatas. As the array is sorted by brightness this means we will get incorrect shading.

I've solved this on my end by removing the loop and just running the RT_DL function on the first light in the list which is always the brightest.

23. suzuki-tai

suzuki-tai

Hello! I'm a fan of this shader in the URP version!

Quick note, I have confirmed that there is a code that seems to be compatible with Decal's RenderingLayer, but it doesn't seem to actually work. You can check by following these steps.

1. set renderinglayer of decalComponent and target renderer (to which RealToon shader is applied)
    2. turn on Use Renderling Layer in rendererfeature of decal
    3. Display all settings in the Lightings tab of URPAssets and turn on Use Renderling Layer
    4. culling by RenderingLayer will be correct in LitShader, but will not be visible in RealToon at all.

We have tested this on Unity2022.3.17f1 and URP14 version 5.0.8p8.
    Could you please confirm this for us?

24. Gdizzie

Gdizzie

The DeNorSobOutline is breaking 2022.3.19f1 when the scene is changed.

V5.0.8p8 (Patch#8) - Tested on a brand new project with a brand new renderer asset (URP 14).

Attached Files:

25. HoshimiyaSio

HoshimiyaSio

Thanks a lot!:)