Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Realtime Reflection probes include skybox in low light?

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by sacb0y, Sep 13, 2021.

1. sacb0y

sacb0y

This is in 2021.2.0b10

upload_2021-9-13_15-29-48.png

For some bizarre reason reflection probes are being rendered with the skybox included?

This is resulting in absolutely horrid appearance.
    upload_2021-9-13_15-32-29.png

This seems to happen anytime there's more than one reflection probe in a given area, turn all reflection probes off and the issue is gone?

upload_2021-9-13_15-35-3.png

2. sacb0y

sacb0y

Ok i encountered the problem in low light but this is not a low light issue, I dunno what this is...

The issue fixes itself if I set Environment settings in the lighting panel to "custom" which probably just removes the added reflections?

3. giorgos_unity

giorgos_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @sacb0y!

We have been able to reproduce this issue when using two reflection probes, one larger and one smaller, which overlap but not fully. In this case, this behavior is by design and the issue can be easily resolved. If you are working with multiple reflection probes, can you make sure that the larger one fully encompasses all the smaller ones and see if that solves your issue? You can do that by increasing the bounds of the outer reflection probe.

If you are not working with multiple overlapping reflection probes, we have not been able to reproduce the issue using only the default skybox probe, so if this is the case we will need a repro project and instructions on how to reproduce the issue. You can find instructions on how to file this bug report here.

I hope this helped!