Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Realtime raytracing not supported on an RTX 2070?

Discussion in 'HDRP Ray Tracing' started by SlidyDev, Feb 7, 2021.

1. SlidyDev

SlidyDev

I have an NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2070 gpu with all the latest drivers installed, and apparently my device isn't supported?
    upload_2021-2-7_12-26-3.png
    What am i doing wrong?

2. fuzzy3d

fuzzy3d

I am on RTX 2070 Max-Q, HP notebook. Check Nvidia driver, check if you are not running integrated GPU instead RTX card...

3. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

This message depends on multiple things (not only your GPU)
    First, please verify that everything in the HDRP Wizard (tab HDRP + DXR) is properly fixed.
    Then, you can check if this static variable returns true.
    • If it's the case, then the issue is probably that you are not using the proper graphic API but Wizard should take care of that (needs to be DirectX 12)
    • If it's not the case, then you can check your graphics drivers and operating system version (needs to be windows 1809 at least) since your hardware is supposed to be supported.

4. SlidyDev

SlidyDev

You were right, I still got some errors in the wizard, but I dont know how to solve them and the fix buttons don't do anything.
    upload_2021-2-10_11-50-17.png

5. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

You may still have issues but those are probably not related to the warning you had in the first place.

Can you give the HDRP/Engine version you are using and if there are console error popping when clicking on the fix buttons ?

6. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

I've had this on my end too sometimes even when running DX12 and everything should be ok. Have been fixed by wiping the library folder and letting Unity editor regen it, so my assumption has been that in my cases it's been caused by some incorrect leftover cache in the generated library files.

So, if you get this error and you've upgraded anything in your project, like unity editor or HDRP version, make sure you close the editor, delete library-folder and restart the editor and see if it goes away.

chap-unity likes this.