Search Unity

Realtime GI is Being Disabled Inexplicably?

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by SteveB, Mar 5, 2019.

1. SteveB

SteveB

I have a scene with all realtime lights, Realtime GI checked in the Lighting tab, otherwise unremarkable.

Problem:
    • When I Load the scene Realtime GI is unchecked and Baked is checked
    • When I hit Play Realtime GI is unchecked and Baked is checked
    Possible Fixes (did not work):
    • Saving the scene as a new scene
    • Double checked all the lights in the world
    • Deleted all lighting information and generated fresh lighting data
    • Auto-Generate is indeed turned off
    This only occurs in this one scene. Other scenes saved with Realtime GI load and play just fine without this occurring.

Unrelated to this issue specifically, but lighting is problematic overall it appears. Progressive Lightmapper, after an unexpected crash, refuses to run on certain scenes. It would seem erroneous data is being saved that more or less corrupts the scene file?

Thanks in advance for any guidance! :D

-Steven

Beennn likes this.
  2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This definitely sounds like a bug. Which Unity version are you using? Seeing that we have not experienced something like that on our end, it would be interesting to take a look.

Once you will have the time, create a small repro project, and submit a bug report using Unity's in-built bug reporter. Paste the bug ID you will receive via email here, so that we could process it faster.

3. SteveB

SteveB

Thank you for the quick response!

Unity 2018.3.6f1, and I'll see if I myself can repo this on a much smaller file than what I'm working on, then I'll submit a bug report, then 'report' back here. :)

Cheers man

-Steven

4. Beennn

Beennn

I am seeing this issue too after upgrading from 2018.2.20f1 to 2018.3.7f1.

5. Rich_A

Rich_A

I'm getting the same problem in 2017.4.24

Possibly a bad interaction with Bakery

6. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

We've seen similar issues on the forum. Try uninstalling Bakery, and see if that helps.

7. Rich_A

Rich_A

Oh, if only it were so easy! Maybe you could backport the GPU lightmapper to 2017.4 ;-) Me uninstalling Bakery is about as likely.

The realtime lights still seem to be working, even with the button disabled.

Just one of those Unity things I guess. As long as I can scotch tape it all together and still get a working, commercial product at the end.

8. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

This is an issue caused by the Bakery plugin, not by the editor. Please contact Bakery's developer and ask them to fix the issue.

HarvesteR likes this.
  9. guycalledfrank

guycalledfrank

Ouch. Sorry for giving you all headaches. Bakery does disable real-time GI indeed, unless you bake with "combine with Enlighten", in which case it will both run regular Enlighten bake before its own and make sure the option is enabled.

Graham-B, JamieVRcade and HarvesteR like this.