Search Unity

Bug Realtime GI has huge performance impact in custom SRP with all baked and realtime GI disabled.

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Arycama, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Arycama

Arycama

I have a custom rendering pipeline, all baked and realtime GI is disabled through use of SupportedRenderingFeatures.active.

However, I am getting an extremely high performance impact every few frames rotating a directional light. This is having a extreme effect on my frame rate, despite the fact that realtime GI is completely disabled.

It happens in all scenes, and seems completely independent of any lighting settings.

I can not find any way to stop this happening either.

Has anyone run into this and found a fix?

Surely this shouldn't be running at all when there is no realtime GI baked, and when realtime GI is completely disabled?

upload_2021-6-16_1-0-21.png

2. KEngelstoft

KEngelstoft

Unity Technologies

3. Arycama

Arycama

Yep, I set SupportedRenderingFeatures.enlighten to false, as well as any other builtin environment lighting to false in the constructor of my RenderPipeline class.

upload_2021-6-17_8-47-36.png

I can tell that other features are correctly disabled, as the environment lighting, fog, etc do not show up in the "Window/Rendering/Lighting" section.

upload_2021-6-17_8-52-31.png

I am also not using any of the APIs you mentioned above. (Or any others related to Enlighten or Lightmapping)