Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Realtime GI for HDRP

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by radionix3d, Apr 20, 2018.

1. radionix3d

radionix3d

Do I understand right that HDRP lights don't support realtime enlighten GI?

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Do you have a bug report case #? The only known instance of GI not working correctly with HD is with the planar and triplanar mapping options at the time of writing. These will get fixed.

3. radionix3d

radionix3d

Unless I miss somethig I don't see any options for indirect intensity. Is it supposed to be like that or should I file a bug?

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Are you seeing it not working in your scene or do you require disabling it? Probably best to file a bug anyway... (as far as I know it's supposed to be like this).

5. radionix3d

radionix3d

yeah, but realtime global illumination simply isn't available as I see. Non-dynamic and mixed GI are available. I'll file it as a bug.

CGChoco likes this.
  6. CGChoco

CGChoco

I second this, how the real-time GI supposed to work in the HDRP?

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

It works perfectly fine automatically just as it does with Builtin. What is your problem?

8. CGChoco

CGChoco

For ex
    For example how do i activate/deactivate it? When i click/tick on the realtime GI option on Lighting Scene option i cannot see any difference. When i change Indirect light intensity in every lights , it has no effect too.

9. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You should probably set something to static, then. Really, it's not bugged - do you know how to use them in regular Unity? Are you using baked or realtime?

The cube only has emission, and there is no light. GI floods everywhere from it.
    Unity_2018-06-18_17-34-07.png

upload_2018-6-18_17-35-52.png

AcidArrow likes this.