Search Unity

Realtime GI and dynamic object

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by alexandre-chambriat, Oct 1, 2018.

1. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Hello,

I've a static room with the hole for the door, I want the dynamic door to impact the realtime GI (not a probe), is it possible ? For now the door doesn't "cut" the GI.

2. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Note : its maybe a bug, because if I modify the sun light (color, enable/disable, etc..) it does not modify the realtime GI...

Unity 2018.2.9f1 and HDRP

3. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hey! Dynamic objects cannot influence the realtime GI - only receive it from lightprobes.

Regarding your second issue; if you can reproduce this consistently, could you please submit a bug and paste the link here? Thanks!

4. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Ok, so I should disable/enable the sun light to fake the door open, but then it'll cut shadows as well, has somebody faced the similar issue / how to fake it properly ?

For the issue I think I mess up with ambient source color and sun light color.
    Only bug I found is the Environment Lighting Source setting lost when entering playmode, I just filled a bug report ( https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/default.asp?1086922_6iqgvqddj6nfga8l ).
    Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  5. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Regarding your bug; in HDRP Environment settings are driven via the Scene Settings game object. This allows for far more flexibility than what was offered in the built-in render pipeline. Any Environment changes made in the Lighting Settings window are not supported by HDRP.

In order to create a new Scene Settings game object, right-click in the Hierarchy panel and select Rendering > Scene Settings. This new game object will allow you to tweak numerous environment and lighting settings. Please see the screenshot below.

Unity_2018-10-03_10-15-36.png

Also, it is highly recommended that you update your HDRP package to the latest version (3.0.0-preview) via the package manager (Window > Package Manager).

Now, about your original issue. Could you please provide us with more info about what you are trying to achieve? Some visual material, such as a video or a screenshot, or a repro project would be helpful. Thanks.

6. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

wow thanks!

I want to achieve something like this :

but with a door open/close and gradual apparition. I think his trick may do the job, need to test.

nice2000 likes this.
  7. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Hello,

I'm trying to have a cube using emissive with realtime GI, but it doesn't work, here is the settings screenshot, did I miss something ? There is the strange +1 +2 property but I can't click it

https://ibb.co/ds8s19

Thanks

8. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

ok, static flag!

9. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Ok I've found a bug : modifying the Emission color only works in editor mode, in play mode even switching object on/off does nothing.

I've attached the video of it.

Edit: even in the editor switching on/off doesn't stop the emission

Attached Files:

10. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

UpdateGIMaterials seems to do the trick a bit but it doesnt that good,
    is there a way to force update of realtime GI ?
    It seems its updated only if I click on different editor windows...

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    nice2000 likes this.
  11. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

ok it in scene settings, update mode = realtime !!!!

12. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

13. alexandre-chambriat

alexandre-chambriat

Thanks.
    I've a shadow bug now, I can't make PointLight/SpotLight working, the shadow atlas is 4096, I've a directional with shadow using 512, and I try to have a point light using 512 (tried other values as well), there is shadow but its broken :

Latest version of Unity and HDRP.

Attached Files: