Search Unity

Really Unity?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by OkeanixTR, Sep 3, 2019.

1. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

2. TextusGames

TextusGames

Why do you want unity 2020? It will not be usable in production. And actually it most likely come in to public alpha in next 4 weeks. But that will not give any benefit for published projects, because you will get even more bugs if you use that.

For now we just have to wait for them to merge a fix at least in to 2019.3

3. TextusGames

TextusGames

But I actually personally believe that if they can not fix such nasty bug in near future they at least should give a temporary workaround(and provide a link to that in every patch note there they say it is known issue), because such workaround exists and posted in the forum not by unity team but by kind users.

I personally spend almost 5 days in order to understand and 99% fix that nasty bug, doing the research and work that I believe unity should do!!!

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Are you having difficulty reading your own link? It says "Planned for 2019.2, 2019.3" right at the top of the page.

5. OkeanixTR

OkeanixTR

Writing Planned not fixing main problem im also using 2019.1.

If you can't fix these huge crash problem on android which almost all samsung devices get after whole month.

So stop being ****. You know i'm right.

6. TextusGames

TextusGames

Here is simple temporary fix from community.

7. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I'm not sure if you understand how development works on large projects where multiple released versions are maintained. When you fix a bug it typically goes into the main development branch (often called "trunk"). This branch ends up being a future currently unreleased version. For Unity right now that would be 2020.1.

After that is complete, the fix can then be backported to other branches which were split off the main development branch earlier. Because there can be significant differences in how a fix has to be implemented between these different branches, the fix may need to be rewritten for each. QA on the fix is often done separately for each, especially if again the fix had to be written differently for the various backports. So what you're seeing is quite normal for a product like Unity and happens with every bug fix.

You're unlikely to see this fix backported to 2019.1, since development on 2019.1 ceased around the time 2019.2 released. See Unity's previous explanations regarding support for tech releases. You're almost certainly going to need to move your project to 2019.2 to pick this fix up.

Rotary-Heart and karl_jones like this.
  8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Stay civil by the way, everyone.