Search Unity

Really random unity 3.4 pro crashes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by hippocoder, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Dreamora

Dreamora

for 80% of the antivirus solutions, turning off has no impact.
    The mess it just due to their existance sicne the introction of "self protection"

They have 2 states basically: installed and not installed

I'm on win7 SP1 64bit, Core i7 920, no probs here

2. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

This happens to me too.

When I switch back and fourth from monodevelop <-> unity too quickly, now unity crashes! It's not very often, though... 1 out of 30 times I hit Play I think.

I tend to: Fix the code, Ctrl+S, Alt+Tab, Click play, Get Error, Alt-Tab, Fix code, Ctrl+s, Alt-Tab... if I do that too quickly, it happens! But it's exactly when I click on the play button... this started after 3.4!

3. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

Since switching to Panda Cloud Antivirus I've not had a single issue with Unity (relating to AV issues that is). Your mileage may vary, but if you haven't tried it you might want to.

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

Similar for me since I switched from ESET NOD32 to Kaspersky (ESET might work with setting down the realtime heuristic - its the root of the dreaded "thread context failed" error upon start of play mode and alike - AVG, AVIRA and Antivir had the same problem)

5. leegod

leegod

Have experienced many crashes, error message says c++ compile error. And also, I experienced that some
    script get error. After I make a new scene file, and attach that same script to another scene's object, it works well.

So this means scene file itself can cause script compile error regardless of script itself's logic's rightness.​

6. Gaspedal

Gaspedal

Unity 3.4 crashes sometimes, even when I edit a value in Inspector.
    I have disabled antivirus, disabled DEP, startet as Admin, reinstalled windows... but same problem. It's not longer possible to work with unity 3.4 without any crash within 15 minutes.

I'm now working with Unity 3.3. This works fine.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  7. MrBurns

MrBurns

For me its also like this. It crashes every 10th "Hit Play"... and maybe every 20th "Refresh"...
    Must be pretty frustrating for anyone who modifies the scene in Unity and not via script, because everytime the changes are lost ...

But also to me its a little annoying since I am not sure if it will continue like this in build mode and if it has to do something with my script. Unfortunately, Unity does not spit out ANY logs... There is no crash report and there is also nothing in the log file... The only message I am getting is the cryptic windows debug window with a reference to "mono.dll"...

8. Phil W

Phil W

Has anyone notice Unity on Win7 64 chugging a lot in Game mode? Happens after an hour or so (when I manage to avoid it crashing for that long).

9. Gaspedal

Gaspedal

just edited my script, back to unity-> refresh -> play -> CRASH. Restart -> play-> Game works fine.

Unity Editor [version: Unity 3.4.0f5_fca068e21211]

mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module mono.dll at 0023:05eedeaf.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  10. Gaspedal

Gaspedal

Hey guys, I think I have found a solution that works!!

In the past I have tried a lot of things to fix this problem (reinstall Windows, DEP for Unity disabled, Antivurs disabled, Bios Update, started unity as Administrator....) But always the same crashes...
    But this works!! You must disable/remove DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for ever with following line !! It's not enough when you only add unity to DEP ignore list.

start "CMD" as Administrator, write this line and press enter. This will remove DEP from windows.

bcdedit /set nx AlwaysOff

Then restart windows 7. Unity will now works without crash. :)

I have now worked about 4 hours without crash and edited a lot of scripts during this time. :) I hope it stays that way! ;)

TEST IT!

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  11. jmatthews

jmatthews

I have random system freezes with 3.36, or whichever version preceded the most recent. no rhyme or reason, begins with random stuttering and then one or two plays later just a hard freeze that requires a reboot.

I was hoping upgrading to the new version would fix the issue but it appears like it will not.

12. Doddler

Doddler

Non stop crashing with Unity 3.4, windows 7 64 bit as usual. Using the microsoft security essentials for antivirus, although disabling it doesn't appear to help anything.

13. bigkahuna

bigkahuna

I had the same problem with MSE and Unity 3.1 (IIRC). I had to switch to Panda Cloud anti virus which reduced the frequency of crashes significantly. I'm also happily using Windows 7 64 bit.

14. dusexp

dusexp

hey guys when i try to run the unity it loaded the unity and then closes before it open without any crashes (no any error messages) :(:(:(:(. anyone wanna help plzzz? im using windows XP . thanks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  15. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Are you using version 3.4.2 of the unity? plzzz reply.

16. zine92

zine92

yeap, 3.4.1 already fixed most of the crash bugs. and newly 3.4.2 fixed some minor bugs.

17. KEMBL

KEMBL

[SOLVED!] I delete all dll files in project dir, and all starts well. After this I recompile all dll and project work with out APPCRASH.

[How it was]
    I am with you guys! :)
    Upgrade to 3.4.2.f2 yesterday, all fine, today start crashing when first start unity3d and select one of the projects and hit open.
    Totally turned off any antivirus software and almost all other programs/services.
    Yesterday all works just fine with that project! :(

As I understand from report is a mono.dll problem, may be needs to upgrade some, or make full reinstall of unity? I only install new version to unity342 folder, without clean up previous version which now not works too :]

Software:
    w/ visual studio 2010 Express
    windows 7x64 Rus Prof

This Report from Windows Error Reporting service (Russian version):

Контейнер ошибки , тип 0
    Имя события: APPCRASH
    Ответ: Нет данных
    Идентификатор CAB: 0

Сигнатура проблемы:
    P1: Unity.exe
    P2: 3.4.2.27364
    P3: 4ea1a3e8