Search Unity

Question Really need help about 3d character animation!

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ununion, Apr 13, 2021.

1. ununion

ununion

If I want to make a character system that player can change the clothing,and the clothes has it own armatures,like chinese ancient clothes or cloak etc etc,so the clothese have to animated itself,I'm not going to using anything like cloth physics system(because of performance).
    So when i create model in blender or other softwares,i should put all clothes armatures and body armatures together or not?
    Is there any tutorials?

2. launzone

launzone

yes sounds like you want to create the animations for the clothing (maybe even physics simulation) in blender and then export them separately as an fbx to unity so you can add them to your character there. you should check out blender tutorials for clothing animations/ simulations

3. ununion

ununion

Hi launzone,So you mean I should put all armatures in one armature then export to fbx?
    but this is so complex to work,Can I split them like cloak_armature,body_armature,etc?

4. launzone

launzone

this tutorial might be helpful? so from what i understand a typical workflow would be to have 1 armature for the body and attach things to it either with empty groups (if they should only move with one bone like a hat for ex.) or with automatic weights (if it is like a shirt that should deform with multiple bones). but now i understand that you want to have the clothing pieces to have their own armature for separate animations. i am not really sure how to go about that to be honest but i can imagine depending on the type of clothing you can also just attach something with its own armature to the skeleton armature. i would suggest though, looking into other workflows that don't require separate armature for the clothing, like doing cloth simulation in blender or doing cloth simulation in unity for some parts like capes.

5. ununion

ununion

hi thank you Launzone,and yes for that in my game the performance can not support cloth physics system,so I have to make bone animation for clothes,

6. launzone

launzone

if you simulate the cloth physics in blender it will be baked in the animation, the second link that i posted should show that