Search Unity

Really low revenue

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Prosmatera, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Prosmatera

Prosmatera

hey guys I added ads in my app about 3 days ago everything was working properly the first day for 1000 impressions I was getting around 8 dollars, but yesterday and today I'm getting only 0,37 with 2000 impressions. Do you have any ideas what's going on ?

2. BBRome

BBRome

+1
    +/- same impressions -70% revenues :)

3. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

You'll need about 5000 impressions before you can make reliable predictions on the game earnings: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/f...seeing-any-revenue-even-with-100-impressions-

If you feel like your game is not performing as expected, consider reviewing these design guides to check if there's anything applicable to your game: https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/monetization/design-guide

If you still have concerns, feel free to reach to unityads-support@unity3d.com (or here) and describe your integration design - when are you showing ads and how are you rewarding the players for watching the ads?

Ads integrations usually perform best when ads are shown voluntarily and for a reward.

4. BBRome

BBRome

Thank you mukaisomaa we known..., but the question was, almost same impression in a week (+5000) is normal to see revenues decrease 50/70 % ?

5. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Any fluctuation is possible. These things might attribute:
    - Advertisers showing less ads in the region of your players
    - Advertisers setting lower bids to their campaigns
    - Too many ads shown to users and our algorithm has difficulties optimising for performance
    - Too many / not voluntary ads shown to users and they're not interested in the ads anymore

I would review the following:
    - Make sure you're showing ads to players who want to see them, and reward them somehow for doing so.
    - Show less ads per session in better places, rather than showing many ads during each session. Show only one and make it count.
    - Show ads closer to the end of the gameplay session rather than the beginning. This way the users are already satisfied from playing the game and not in such a hurry to return back in.

Let me know your thoughts about above recommendations and if any of these practices could be applied to your game.

6. Prosmatera

Prosmatera

I'm getting the same generic response from Unity support
    Hi Andrey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Revenue is generated based on a combination of views, clicks, and installs. There's no "one unified way" of pre-calculating the revenue generated by your game, as we run a wide variety of campaigns on our platform. Over time, we optimize your game's ads to improve ad targeting, and increase your revenue.

Consequently, it takes around 5000 impressions to see consistent, predictable revenue in your game.

Our system always selects the best possible campaigns -- in terms of revenue -- for your users, which is why Unity Ads is able to deliver higher-than-average revenue per daily active user (ARPDAU).

More details are available in the General Monetization FAQ section of our Knowledge Base:
    http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/faq/general

If you're curious about the efficiency of your integration design - feel free to provide a description of your core gameplay loop along with how you've added ads to the game flow and how you reward the player from ad impressions. We can then review and optimize the integration together if necessary.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

I'll get back to you after your response.

But it think its still something shady i can't be getting 8 dollars one day and 0,37 cent on the next. Whats going on on my device i'm displaying the same ads.

7. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

@Prosmatera - I'm assuming you just got some very high bids on the previous week. We use some canned response macros to support thousands of clients faster, but manually expand on those if there's further concerns.

We can check the game stats and the integration design in detail if you wish. Can you respond with your game ID and the store URL on the e-mail you received from me at the support and let's go through details together?

8. Prosmatera

Prosmatera

All right i just send you the information.

9. Prosmatera

Prosmatera

So my eCPM is 0.07 today I earned almost nothing and the support is telling me that this is completely normal? That's ridiculous. The answer from the support was something like it looks like it's not a game and that's why you are getting such low revenue wtf?

10. BBRome

BBRome

Well, I'm new in Unity advertising less than a couple of months, but not in mobile advertising many many years using AdMob where I have had enormous satisfactions in the recent past, now banners do not works anymore.
    So I thought, why not Unity, just video and I put some games
    But I understand Prosmatera for me the same, first weeks was good then, even impressions are the same, revenues are really low..
    I reached this consideration, may be it's wrong, Unity adv needs very high impressions number, where just big games companies can obtains spending lot of money.
    But, in current time to get 1000 download a day for one game isn't so easy, one of the games I'm testing makes 800/1400 download day, mixed in every countries(70% EU and US CA etc..), I don't exceed the insert adv so impressions are about 6000 week.
    May be to live "dad google adv" for better places is just a dream :)
    Yes, Andrey says a lot of good thinks but the reality is a bit different, not every body can study in deep the players behaviour then adapt impressions, just big companies can... is also dangerous to force player to see rewarded videos.

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 14.37.08.png

11. T2GGames

T2GGames

I have about 10000 impressions per day,earn 10-15 dollars everyday, is it normal?

12. Prosmatera

Prosmatera

Hey there no that's not normal and for a video ads that's ridiculous right now I'm using appodeal and admob and I'm getting pretty good revenue about 6€ For 1000 users , pretty sure that unity ads have a premium users which are big companies and keep everybody else on low revenue. So what I'll advise you guys is to leave unity ads.

13. FaunaGames

FaunaGames

Hello,
    I think its not about unity ads or any other ad network . One dollar up one dollar down, they all same.
    Its about Campaign Types, there should be payment when my game shows a CPI campaign. Its not fair to show an ad and not getting paid for it.

Is there any ad network that support this type of ad serving?

Best Regards,

14. ana990

ana990

hello i live in algeria north africa and am getting a very low revenue
    -does the country count ??
    is it because i live in north africa am getting this revenue !!

15. Kennai

Kennai

300 impressions for 2 month and only 5 cents total revenue. Good job :D

UPD 29.02.2020
    after 4 months its total 1.9K impressions and only 2.66 $ (rewarded videos only)
    I have one day with eCPM ~130$ (earned 0.97$) , 86$ (earned 0.81$) and 34$ (earned 0.2$) .
    but in these days I had very low impressions amount, about 11 maybe or so.
    almost all other days eCPM was super low, almost 0$ all time. only few last week its about 0$ - 0.5$

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  16. murkattar

murkattar

3.63 $ total revenue for 7000 impressions. is it normal? please advise.

Only4gamers likes this.
  17. Kennai

Kennai

It's outrageous! Unity can change eCPM in past!
    They will show you one eCPM, and after few days they will make it lower! Its cheating!
    Few days ago I saw this eCPM

and what do I see today!?

They changed it after few days! Be aware of it! :mad: