Search Unity

Realistic Water

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kripto289, Mar 21, 2015.

1. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @kripto289

When will the update go to the asset store ????

What plans do you have in the short and medium term to improve Realistic water ??

regards

2. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    I create a new version of the water. (The current version will be obsolete, but the users who bought water package will be able to upgrade to the new version).
    I've added GPU dynamic ripples by depth (it works with any object, for example boat, bullets, legs of character, etc),
    FFT waves (cpu/gpu), BRDF lightning with multiple lightning, subsurface scattering, realtime caustic by waves, reflection probes.
    I need add underwater effects, correct z write, SSR and camera reflections, infinite mesh build and mobile version. (maybe flow map and other features)
    But I can not give exact terms when I finish updating.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      612.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.2 MB
      Views:
  3. Arkade

Arkade

Sounds exciting!
    Will buoyancy remain roughly the same? I have a patch to handle multiple colliders. Shall I send?

4. kripto289

kripto289

Yes, I'm planning to add buoyancy. But most likely I will have to use other algorithms.

Arkade likes this.
  5. ftejada

ftejada

Hi

I quite like the new water in the two photos.

If you improve it well and continue with the support, many buyers of other assets that looked better like (Ceto or Playway water) would buy their asset ... since these assets have stopped supporting and have many bugs that have not fixed.

There are certain characteristics that I would like to ask you for the new version of your water asset. No Unity asset has these characteristics and if you get them your asset would certainly be the best option to buy.

- Coastline/Shorelines I think it already has its asset, but with olars breaking on the shore.

I leave some videos for you to see what I mean.

regards

Don-Gray likes this.
  6. ftejada

ftejada

Peter77 likes this.
  7. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Thanks you for for the tips and videos :)
    I'll try to add this feature.

Don-Gray, Virtuadreamer and ftejada like this.
  8. sadicus

sadicus

+1 Coastline/Shorelines / Underwater depth

9. magique

magique

I just tested this on Unity 5.5.3f1 with Unity's GlobalFog effect and the water is not affected by the fog at all. Is there a solution to this?

10. bumbummen99

bumbummen99

I would be very interested in buying your upcoming water/coean solution for my project if you add the shore line waves feature. Also does your new system support rivers?

11. AhSai

AhSai

Can this water show transparency on mobile device?

12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

looking forward to the progress, its very nice !

13. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Do you think you could include a feature like RiverAutoMaterial? With "RAM", you can paint your water / river. Or is that already included?

What I would love to see:
    A tool to paint my river (as in RAM or in EasyRoads), then I place some stones in it, or a waterfall, and RealisticWater would automatically calculate and bake the turbulence areas.

Do you think this would be possible with RealisticWater?
    In my opinion, this would be the next step to reliasm.

14. creat327

creat327

is this project now dead? no updates for a long time...

15. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    Right now I try to add the flow map support and I have some problems with implementing. The editor "painting" is hard for me (I don't works with that before) and I think the first water version will include flow map from dynamic objects but without support of "painting tool".

Virtuadreamer likes this.
  16. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    The water not dead.
    I spent a lot of time learning compute shaders, the FFT algrotigms on CPU and GPU, the ripples on GPU, the realtime caustic, the command buffer for supporting shadows/depth on unity 2017.1+, and other features.
    Right now you can see some implementing feature.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=12ojRovSnXDMPJ4npWo_q1i48R0Ys85oE
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ijFZ65hN-6mK6xhqg5q_MJ6bqkr5QLOi

Yuki-Taiyo, Xoduz, hopeful and 2 others like this.
  17. creat327

creat327

ok... hasn't been updated for ages and posts here are also years apart so it looked like it.
    when should we expect an update?

18. kripto289

kripto289

I receive notifications on the mail when a message appears on the forum. Before, this didn't work correctly.
    Alas, I said earlier that a major update will be earlier, but I have a lot of problems.
    I can not give exact terms so as not to reassure you. I hope it takes less than 2 months.

19. ftejada

ftejada

Hi @kripto289

I just found this from a guy who is working on this asset for Unity ... These are the results we should aspire to for the shoreline and the waves breaking on the shore ... It is light years away from what exists right now

regards

20. creat327

creat327

21. kripto289

kripto289

hopeful likes this.
  22. Yuki-Taiyo

Yuki-Taiyo

I just bought Realistic Water in sales and I do not regret it. It offers so much more than what the demos show, so many things are tweakable I don't understand some parameters. I will donate more for the next update.

23. FiveFingerStudios

FiveFingerStudios

I just downloaded this asset and need help. I'm making a VR game. I'm having issues with the foam.

It disappears, depending on which direction the headset is facing. Does anyone have an idea why?

Unity 2017.4.24f
    Using the PC version of the shader.

A quick video showing the issue

24. V10Tech

V10Tech

Hi! I recently bought this asset especially for mobile VR( Oculus Quest) and found that the mobile version doesn't work even in the editor (Unity 2019.2.8f1) . Water just seems black with some depth fog. PC version works fine.

Anybody can help with this?