Search Unity

Realistic Water

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kripto289, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Tethys

Tethys

This problem does not occur with Unity Water4Advanced (not the fog issue, the weird grid of holes in the water issue). I know because it's live in our game and it is the water shader we have been trying to replace this entire time, but is also the only one we have found that DOES NOT have the problem shown here with the Realistic Water. I have a public post that explains what our issue is, what that we are looking for in a water shader that does NOT do this problem, and then I list the other water packages as having the issue(all the shaders we have bought just to try and see if they would work like Unity's water4advanced does, but better). Was hoping to have someone who made a water shader that understands it, recognizes the problem and chimes in on how to fix it heh. If they do, I will share the fix here as well.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. creat327

creat327

Hi
    Can you put an updated apk to test the speed but where we can see the shore lines? Something like an island... the current apk just show water so it's hard to tell how they look near shore lines.
    Also, the controls are impossible to hit if using a high end device: on a note 4, the slider bars are so small I can cover all of them with half of my finger tip. So maybe make it bigger or at least more spaced out?

3. nikunjk21

nikunjk21

Hi,

We are looking for a water shader for our mobile game. It needs to have blending at edges, ability to change color to dark swamp color, depth and it should look like the water is flowing.

Please let me know if this shader will work with our game on mobiles with optimal FPS.

Target platforms are iOS, Android and Windows.

Thanks,
    Nikunj.

4. creat327

creat327

it doesn't seem like anyone reads or replies this... :(

5. hopeful

hopeful

If you go back a few posts, the dev explains he's taken a job that keeps him busy at the moment. So he's not got as much time as he'd like for forum support right now. That's a common situation for asset store devs, as almost all of them take contract work too.

If you need support right away, most devs give priority to their email communications.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

In my project the camera the player is always destroyed when mute scene, and I can not change it because I have to modify 90% of my project just because of that in camera.
    Anyway, whenever I give player the camera automatically creates and destroys another that follows the character and the effect underwater water and reflection does not work for this reason, the destroir and create a new one water project does not recognize the camera.
    Anyone know how to help me? because the project is very large and I have to modify my anger camera a lot of work. Thanks in advance for your attention.

7. googler

googler

Realistic Water 2.0 Unity 5.3.4: Just added prefab on our level : http://take.ms/vSjsv -- reflection is wrong. On device

Update 1: it's seems that problem in reflection/distortion camera. It repeats MainCamera moves, but on device picture doesn't change. --- workaround for this : disable functions OnBecameVisible()/OnBecameInvisible()

Update 2: tried to launch demo scene on several devices -- it's seems that problem occured on metal compatible devices: 6s: http://take.ms/mRA6l 5s: http://take.ms/GSqbK. On iphone 5 : http://take.ms/d90e6
    iphone 6s with forced gles2: http://take.ms/IhQmJ

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  8. JasperGood

JasperGood

I bought the package from the asset store and I have to say that the mobile demos are not great - far inferior to the PC demos. Also, they don't contain any of the environmental details of the PC demos - that should be made clear in the
    Asset Store. I would not have bought the package.

When will you update the mobile demos?
    On 5.2.3, I get compile errors after importing.
    When will you update your product?

9. ftejada

ftejada

Hello!!
    Anyone know because the effect of underwater me only works in the editor, but does not work in compilations of my game ???

I have two days searching the causes of this error but can not find.
    My version of Unity is the 5.3.4p1, is a PC application and the "Rendering path" I have the camera in "forward" because in "Deferred" I did not work the underwater effect from Unity editor.

Greetings and thanks in advance

10. ftejada

ftejada

Hello again,
    I see that the support is not very good for this asset. As I mentioned in my previous message, I have this asset purchased and have problems with the underwater effect.
    This only works in the Unity editor but does not work on my game compilations.

He looked much the cause of the problem but can not find.

when I do a compilation and debug putting a breakpoint in the OnEnable () function "UnderwaterPostEffects" script, I see that the code does not stop at that point of rupture. It is as if they never execute that function.

I beg you please answer as soon as possible. a greeting

11. hopeful

hopeful

@ftejada - As noted earlier in the thread, @kripto289 - who is the developer for this plugin - is away working on a contract job. If you need timely support, best to contact him via his support email.

12. ftejada

ftejada

Thanks. I`ll do that

13. OZAV

OZAV

...I still have no clear, and proper answer to this foam tearing issue, on high camera
    above the ground ... anyone ?
    Is there any (new) shaders updates coming yet, regardless, this year ?
    ***i have it on all water packages foams we tried, as well, i don't think it's shader issue 100%...
    So, on some water foams it's much less, and on Realistic Water one has a lot of tearing ...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  14. local306

local306

The underwater camera effect doesn't appear to be working when set to deferred rendering i.e.) I cannot get the fog density to show up.

15. Arkade

Arkade

You need to add a fog effect to the camera -- scene fog explains it doesn't work in Deferred Mode. (I hit same myself) HTH

16. Arkade

Arkade

17. Velo222

Velo222

I'm having an issue where using the built-in anti-aliasing for PC causes the water to disappear based on my main character's outline. For example, I have a flying character in my game. If it flies over the water, the water will disappear, but only based on the position of my character? Does anyone have a fix for this?

18. iddqd

iddqd

anybody know it this works in VR?

19. kripto289

kripto289

Hello all, sorry for the long answer. I always answer in realtime by email "kripto289@gmail.com" and skype "scar289".

20. kripto289

kripto289

I've tested water on Oculus VR (simple scene SDK), just drag and drop water and it works correctly.
    I don't know how it work on gear vr and other mobile platforms, because 3-4 mounth ago was the problem with distortion.

21. wood333

wood333

When I tried to purchase this asset on the store, two warning messages were presented:

1. The asset was written for Unity 4, and contains scripts that my not upgrade correctly. Why doesn't Unity consider your asset Unity 5 ready?

2. The asset is restricted by an additional license. I own over 200 store assets, and none of them contain any additional license requirements, even those containing a color picker. You should get this requirement removed.

22. kripto289

kripto289

1. Pack includes unity 5 and unity 4 shader/materials/scenes. Right now i know how correctly add build for unity 4 and unity 5 separated on assetstore :)
    2. What a license? I'm use only free color picker with himself license. You can remove it, because color picker used only for demo.

23. wood333

wood333

Good News. I purchased Realistic Water. The console reported several housekeeping warnings and errors, but all the demo scenes from the unity 5 folder work with unity 5.4.1f1.

FYI the console errors:

Realistic Water editor reports with Unity 5.4.1f1.JPG

24. kripto289

kripto289

Tree errors - you need import "speed tree" unity trees.
    Other errors just usseles warnings.

wood333 likes this.
  25. wood333

wood333

In the demo lake scene there are two issues:

Realistic Water 2 issues.JPG
    1. In the circle is a reflection error. The fix in your documentation did not fix it.
    I followed all the steps. Added "Cull Off" to the downloaded 5.4.1f1 archive shaders which i put in a new "Shaders" folder in the Assets folder, and I changed the line for the rendering path to = RenderingPath.Forward.

2. The line vanishes when I move the boat close and reappears when I back away.

Any help, appreciated.

26. kripto289

kripto289

If you do camera in editor mode below terrain, you see the ground? If no, then you do something incorrect.

27. wood333

wood333

In the lake with the camera under the ground I see this: Under ground.JPG

Do I need to do anything with the archive shaders other than put them in a folder in my project?

Are the archive shaders supposed to replace other shaders in the project or in unity?

Aside from the two issues I have everything else seems to be working perfectly in all the demo scenes. Making the changes to the archive shaders made no difference, so I assume I did something wrong, but I followed the steps as written.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  28. kripto289

kripto289

You need just put them in a folder.
    Yes, you can replace any shaders, even standard.
    Just add this shaders to any folder and restart unity.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NefRnPfOoUMXdabU9FLXRXcFk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NefRnPfOoUNTF6RnhfaDBMVlk/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_NefRnPfOoURG9IVWV5c1RnTGs/view?usp=sharing

29. HelixNGC7293

HelixNGC7293

Hey Kripto.

Just bought the plugin.
    When I tried to import it into an empty Unity5 project, it appeared to be some shader issues:
    1.The ripple pattern at the lakebed cover the water surface.
    2.Splash particle showing the wrong color somehow.
    Any quick fix?
    Everything else is pretty awesome!

30. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    1) Some bug when import maybe? You have the field name? (see screen)
    dsadas.png

2) What a color space and rendering mode? On forward/deffered with gamma space it should work correctly.

31. wood333

wood333

I see the same problem with the wake.

It looks as if it is projected on the lake bottom instead of the water surface.

It lines up correctly if you look straight down on the boat.

32. HelixNGC7293

HelixNGC7293

Hmm...seems the setting is right.
    I also tried to implement the shaders you published at #328 but no use.
    Imported it in Unity5.4.1p2 & 5.4.2 on 2 different PC

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      425.5 KB
      Views:
  33. kripto289

kripto289

I can't reproduce this bug. What a pc config you have?

34. AntonBertelsen

AntonBertelsen

I'm having the same issue. as HelixNGC7293 To quote myself from some months ago:
    Seems to be related to depth, and related to Unity 5.4.

35. kripto289

kripto289

Open shader WaterPC and change all "Transparent+1" on "Transparent"

36. wood333

wood333

The shaders did not help.

Also, "transparent" or "transparent+1" did not raise the wake off the bottom of the lake to the water level.

Unity 5.4.1f1 and your newest release of Realistic Water

37. HelixNGC7293

HelixNGC7293

Hello wood333,
    I figured this out after couple tests. Here it is:
    - Add "ZTest Less"
    At "CausticPC.Shader" and "RipplesCausticPC.Shader"

And also change the "transparent+1" to "transparent" at "WaterPC.Shader"
    That may solve your issue. It worked for me. Caustics now hide beneath the water surface..

There still one shader issue remain in the splash particle. The color of splash for some reason ignores to overlap the water's surface color so I have to manually change it in its material.

Btw my system is i7 4770k + GTX 980 win10

Attached Files:

ftejada likes this.
  38. ftejada

ftejada

hi Kripto!!!

Do you have any plan to update the asset with new features such as coastlines, subtractive volumes, etc ...??

On the other hand I have a question. Not if it is a problem or there is something to know.

I have a scene with the sea. When it is night sea it darkens correctly according to the ambient light.
    The problem comes when a light is activated and "Range" of light touches the water. Then all the ocean glows like a light bulb.

Should not illuminate only part of the sea that is affected by the "Range" of light?

regards

39. kripto289

kripto289

I plan to rewrite full water package. But can't give exact dates.

About light. Try to remove all "* _LightColor0" from waterPC shader.

40. wood333

wood333

Thank you for the suggestion. Where precisely in those scripts do I place the line?

41. HelixNGC7293

HelixNGC7293

For - Add "ZTest Less"
    Just place them before "ZWrite Off" should be fine

wood333 likes this.
  42. ftejada

ftejada

Hi Kripto

Glad to know you're going to improve the asset. I'm looking forward to the upgrade.

I tried to delete all * _lightColor but does not solve the problem. On the contrary, with that removed, the sea is always illuminated when it is night even though there is no light in the scene

regards

43. wood333

wood333

I solved the reflection problem by correctly setting the rendering path, but I still have a texture popping issue with the caustics. They only render near the boat. If I move the boat the caustics pop in and out to reposition the caustic texture roughly around the boat. Thus:

Water Tiling.JPG

FYI: AMD Phenom II X4 955, AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

44. OZAV

OZAV

Aand... Nov / 11 / 2016 ...
    Nothing new yet ?

45. ftejada

ftejada

I sent an MP to his email and he answered me in no time and solved my problem.

Kripto is absent from this forum but if you send him an email or by skipe answer fast.

regards

46. strongbox3d

strongbox3d

Hello kripto,

I don't know if you are answering this forum anymore since I see the last post was in 2016 so I will send you also an email just in case.

I have been using your shader "ParticlesCutOut" from the Realistic Water asset, I just updated my Unity to version 5.5 and the shader is not showing the refraction anymore. I would appreciate if you could help with this.

Regards,
    Carlos

47. kripto289

kripto289

I'm sorry, I not saw this forum thread notification on email.
    Pls give me your email, i'll send you fix. (or send some message on "kripto289@gmail.com")

48. Arkade

Arkade

hopeful likes this.
  49. Paulwoerks

Paulwoerks

Hi, I just bought your realistic Water Shader. Immediatly after importing your Assets Unity crashed because of compile errors. here are a few of them, I cant list them all because they wont fit my display. Here is a screenshot.
    http://imgur.com/a/I1j8C

I'm currently using Unity 5.6.0 but I will try downgrading it to 5.5.0 to make it work temporarily (I hope so). But can you please upgrade the Asset?

Thanks so far!

50. kripto289

kripto289

Hello,
    I have fixed water patch, write me your mail and I'll send the patch for you.