Search Unity

Realistic Tree Pack [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NatureManufacture, Jul 28, 2014.

1. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Thank you for your reply, that's great to know you are starting to fix them, it's just a shame you have to start from the beginning again. Rest assured, those of us using your pack appreciate your hard work.

By the way I have purchased World Streamer, and am getting your Stitch Tool next week.

2. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

Just a follow up to my previous post regarding dark textures. I have your Realistic Tree pack installed with Unistorm 2.0 and I can see the your tree textures perfectly and they are not dark. The only problem now is the leaves have a blue edge in play mode and white shimmer in edit mode. Is this shader related to the leaves only do you think, and if so how do I remove the shader from the leaves?

3. Xenonus

Xenonus

Yep... having the same issues.

4. Xenonus

Xenonus

So I've tried various tweaks without success. The pack is not usable in Linear unfortunately.
    Checking sRGB overbrights the texture.
    Waiting for proper textures.

5. Xenonus

Xenonus

So any updates on the linear issue? :)
    It's a great package, would not like to see it abandoned.

6. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Please release with Unity 5.

7. treshold

treshold

Asset has been updated Dec 15, 2015 but i can't see changelog if its updated for Unity 5.

8. TheSeawolf

TheSeawolf

If this asset was updated, it certainly hasn't fixed the dark trees issues with Unity 5. It is disappointing that this asset hasn't been fixed as the trees are completely unusable and another asset that looked great is still completely worthless in its current form.

9. Freddy888

Freddy888

Do these have LOD like Speedtree does ? I need to be able to rotate them.

10. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

It's unity tree creator. It have model and bilboard only (unity limitation). If you put them on the ground as terrain tree component, you are not able to random rotate them (also unity limitation). I hope they fix that soon.

11. Freddy888

Freddy888

Ah shame, thank you though :)

They do look really nice, so good luck with them.

12. jdraper3

jdraper3

Very happy to see an update, but unfortunately (for me at least) I don't see any change. The trees are still extremely dark - some are almost completely black. I tried modifying the materials as suggested in the guide and then rebuilding the tree, but was not able to tell any difference.

13. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Sometimes rebuild is not working, could you give me a screen of the tree? I will try it myself.

14. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Hello! I just sent an email, but in case this forum might yield and answer I thought I'd try here too. I've got the same problem with the very dark trees, and the fix isn't helping me. Using gamma lighting. Also, can't seem to get the trees to cast shadows on terrain. Would be happy at this point to export them to mesh objects and place them like normal - this Tree Creator stuff is new to me. The trees look really nice in the shots though, so I'd love to use them if I can. Any help would be welcome!

15. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Following up, after some trial and error - and an extended back-and-forth via email with NatureManufacture, who replied impressively fast - my problem seemed to boil down to the fact that I was using a direct light set to baked, without a light probe. The solution appears to be either to set the light to mixed or realtime, or to add a light probe group. There actually already was a light probe group, but it was contained within a nearby interior - it took putting the light probes out by the tree to get it to work with a baked direct light. Looks pretty good now!

16. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Although... After hours of messing with these trees in this one scene, I can't get them to cast baked shadows. In a scene from scratch it seems to work, but something about these Tree Creator trees won't cast shadows. Very weird...

17. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

So you still have problem with baked lights?

I updated pack today and there are few solutions. I hope this will help you:
    - uncheck lightmap static at tree model
    - check use lightprobe at tree model
    - check "baked" at your light
    - add lightprobe to the scene
    - bake your light
    In this configuration it should work fine:)

18. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Yes, definitely having trouble baking.

The pack in the Asset Store is labeled Version 1.1. (Aug 10, 2016). Could it be the case that the new pack you've uploaded has to go through an approval process?

19. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Yeap it need to be accepted,but you could do mentioned things on your actual pack.

20. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Ah, OK, well I did give it a try, and still saw no shadows.

Of course, my results this whole time have been erratic - I'll throw some things into a test scene and these trees will produce shadows on the first try, but not in successive tries, or in my production levels.

There could be that one checkbox I've overlooked, but at this point I feel like I've managed to eliminate oddball wild cards like that.

21. TorbenDK

TorbenDK

Hi.

I am looking for a selection of nice "real" trees, and yours look really good. But reading this thread has me a little worried.
    I wonder if you could let me try a sample first? (Regardless of that, IMHO you should consider adding it) I basically need to know that it will work in linear and will look realistic. For this project I don't bake lights, and have only a single directional and HDR ambient sky (and alot of reflection probes)

But I need to see a tree (or bush) - here - in my scene to be sure.

Alternatively, if you are willing to give me my money back if I am not satisfied, I can work with that. I plan to purchase within a few days at max.

Thanks.

22. TorbenDK

TorbenDK

Ah well, I guess not, sorry if it was something I said.. I didn't mean to sound arrogant or anything. :S

23. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi!
    Don't worry you could try our trees. If they will not fit you:
    a) we could talk about how to fix something
    b) you could take refund
    Anyway everything should be fine. You could modify them as you want because they are tree creators.
    Sorry for late replay we have a lot of work here.

24. karelium

karelium

Hi team. Great add on, trees looks really nice!!
    I have a couple of questions:
    1_ I read there are about 4000 triangles per tree? isn't that too high? Do they downgrade on mobile platforms?
    2_ Do they react to the wind as standard assets do?
    Thanks!

25. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Hi.
    Yeah they should react to wind, this is unity tree creator object. For mobile platform you should replace leaves shader by the same shader with "fast" addon. This is shader prepared for mobile by unity. Easy pie 2 min.
    Only few trees have such polly count. You could downgrade it by LOD slider in the tree object.

26. multimediamark

multimediamark

trees.png

Hey,

I'm building a scene where your trees are without leaves. From up close they look fine, but from further away they start to develop these white lines around edges.

I decreased the shininess to 0 and the LOD is on (max?) 1.

The only fix I could manage to find is to disable AA, but this kinda screws the whole scene and the trees look bad - I need the AA.

Any idea how I could fix that?

Thanks in advice.

27. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Did you increased shadow resolution on each tree? You probably have to;)

28. multimediamark

multimediamark

I tried to do it as full resolution but it didn't do anything, plus, what does it have to do with shadows? :) I mean, we're talking about the white highlighted edges. Just drop a random tree from your package, delete the leaves, set shininess of that tree material to 0 and zoom out.

They start to develop these white edges:

eeee.jpg

Attached Files:

29. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

There was old unity bug with shadows which appear like that :) Hmm what uniy version ? I will check this myself;)

30. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

What unity version, render type (forward defered? ) only AA? Gamma? Linear?

31. NotQuiteSmith

NotQuiteSmith

Do these trees work in VR? Any "billboarding" issues etc?

32. NotQuiteSmith

NotQuiteSmith

Anyone? :). Ready to click the "buy" button here...

33. SveinEven

SveinEven

Hello NatureManufacture!

I recently bough this asset, even though I saw a few comments saying the trees were dark.
    I figured that since they were a couple of years old, the issue would be resolved, but no, the trees look almost black.

Do you have a fix for this? I tried to follow the PDF you had provided in the asset, but I could not figure out where these settings you refer to are located.

34. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

35. stuarteve

stuarteve

Hi there - can you tell me what species of tree are included in this package?

36. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Huh, that was long time ago:D

Acacia, poplar, oak, maple,birch and few more.

37. stuarteve

stuarteve

Thanks!! Do you have any updated trees that I should be looking at?

38. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

A client just supplied this tree pack to me to add to their terrain, I add it to the terrain, and it's too dark. Followed the link from the store to this thread, and what do I find but myself trying to resolve this same issue - two years ago! The solution I arrived then in #65 seems not to be working for me now.

I did find the included PDF describing the steps to follow:

I. Tree must have lightmap static "off"
    II. Tree must have use light probe "on"
    III. You have to put light probe group at the scene.

I followed those steps, but it still looks like this:

This is in Unity 2018.0f2, using linear lighting.

Thoughts? I like these trees and would certainly like to use them in this project.

39. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Send me e-mail with support from naturemanufacture.com website. I will look into it :)

40. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Oh simply adjust colors in photoshop:) I will do this;) and I will send update. Let me refresh this packs.

Edit: Done and fixed

Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  41. Korsigon

Korsigon

I just purchased this tree pack. Unfortunately, I am having issues with using them in Vegetation Studio Pro due to the fact they they do not interact with the WindZone object. They don't even move one iota. The free speedtrees asset trees in comparison work normally. Any reason why this is happening?

42. NatureManufacture

NatureManufacture

Realistic tree pack work with unity wind but rather not with vs. Not sure.

Our other packs from dynamic nature serie work well with vs pro and they was also designed to support it.

43. Korsigon

Korsigon

The trees in your Meadow environment work well with VS Pro. However, the ones from "Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack" only show the bark part but not the leaves- I believe this is because VS Pro does not read more than one object for each LOD - your trees GameObjects 's children contain the leaves and the bark parts LODs in separate objects. In VS, it only takes the bark and ignores the leaves. In the Meadow environment you combined them in one object and that worked. In the Realistic tree pack , you don't have LODs. I skimmed through the code of VS Pro and it expects LOD items, but just one per level. Basically, I am questioning the compatibility/format of the trees with VS, not your work which I value very much. I actually bought quite a number of your assets. Not sure about who should work on the compatibility, you or the VS Pro team but I would think the latter.

44. Unplug

Unplug

every asset should be friendly with VS now :)

45. treshold

treshold

In "Dynamic Nature - Mountain Tree Pack" there is separate prefabs for Vegetation Studio (Pro).

46. Korsigon

Korsigon

Yes sir! I found them in the third party asset support directory, prefixed with VS_ . Thank you for pointing those out - I had an earlier version from last summer. Are you planning on doing an update on Realistic tree pack and convert some trees to be compatible with VS?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    Willbkool_FPCS and P_Jong like this.
  47. P_Jong

P_Jong

I imported the "Unity 2018 LW SRP - Mountain Trees". Lots of sadder errors. I'm in Unity 2018.3.0f1 with LWRP 4.6.0.
    Looks like they all point to two files. "failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/Core.hlsl'", and "failed to open source file: 'LWRP/ShaderLibrary/InputSurfacePBR.hlsl' ". Should I maybe go back to a specific LWRP, and if so which version? Also will you be updating the packages anytime soon to work with LWRP 4.x?

Same problem with Advanced Foliage Pack.

48. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

I have the Meadow pack which is wonderful, but this pack needs to be updated or taken off of the Asset store. My leaves are still white at night with this one, nothing works to fix it.

But the Meadow pack is awesome!