Search Unity

Realistic Terrain Generation, Texturing, and Shaders

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by Deleted User, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Hi. I am trying to create a fantasy RPG sort of game and would like to have a vast and stunning terrain. I am unsure of how to utilize shaders, textures, lighting and terrain generation itself. I was wondering what external tools I can use to make this happen. If you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks

2. NightStorm_100

NightStorm_100

I found a combination of GeoControl, Worldmachine and L3DT quite useful for Terrain Generation.
    I paint the Isolines of Mountains and other things in GeoControl2, add a bit Noise, Variation and Erosion in L3DT and finaly do some finetuning in Worldmachine.

For the Textureing Part i use the ats Colormap Shader. For a long time i used RTP3 but it doesn't Support diffrent UV Tiles on every Texture. ats Colormap does.

Textures are mostly self made. But GameTextures.com is also a good source.

For Lightning i use the Standart Unity Lightning with the Asset UniStorm. I would love to use IBL but ats Colormap does not support it.

3. hopeful

hopeful

Look into Lux (it's free) and the Advanced Foliage Shader, both by the same author as the ats Colormap Shader (which comes in free and ULTRA versions) mentioned above.

4. NightStorm_100

NightStorm_100

Just saw Lux yesterday. Looks nice.