Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. TonyLi

TonyLi

Does everything work correctly in a build but not in the editor's playmode? If so, it's not specific to RFPSP. It's just the way light baking is handled. If this is the case, try Window > Lighting > Settings, and untick Auto Generate. Then manually bake the lights once.

2. SpacemanSam13

SpacemanSam13

Sorry!

3. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I haven't tried it but I assume it'd still occur. I'll try that.

4. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

It works. Thank you very much!

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Glad I could help!

6. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I still have an issue I'm facing too.

I entered play mode, enabled all the weapons in the pause menu and, while the game was paused, began adjusting where the view model of the shotgun was when being held to best suit my needs. I adjusted the unzoomed positions, thezoomed positions, the roll pitch, yaw etc, and also fired the weapon a few times. I was sure to refill the current ammo capacity via the inspector for the gun's behaviour before exiting play mode and pasting the newly configured values onto its script.

Upon entering play mode again and enabling weapons the shotgun was the only weapon that didn't fire unless I changed the view to third person, of which would only let me fire the weapon in that mode. The only way I could enable shooting in first person mode was to sprint, stop sprinting and then left-click. Then shooting it works again. Why is this so?

7. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's possible that it pasted some hidden, runtime-only values. Instead of copy-pasting, you could try writing down the changes values, existing play mode, and entering them into the inspector by hand.

8. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Is there a line I could add to WeaponPickup and AmmoPickup to activate a GameObject on Picking up a weapon or magazine? It would be for FSMs I created that just jumps up as "Found the pistol" or "Found a pistol magazine" with a graphic.

9. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I see. That's quite inconvenient and would take a long time to do. But I'll try it.

What I can do is still edit the values in play mode but take a screenshot of the values and then type in the values manually using the screenshot as a reference.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  10. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

In the script Weapon Behaviour -> Animation Timing and Settings changing the Ready Time field doesn't seem to do anything. I changed it from 0.5 on the shotgun to 0.001 and even 200 but there was practically no changes.

I tried going into the shotgun animations and change the Ready speed; it does work but it only speeds up the cocking of the shotgun and not the actual weapon popping up.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. chelnok

chelnok

That is really interesting point. I have never thought of that. Not talking about RFPS, but generally copying / pasting component values.

12. TonyLi

TonyLi

You may need to open the animator controller for the shotgun and instead the speed. I'm afraid I can't test it today; I don't remember exactly how it's set up, and I'm away from the office.

It's typically only a concern with components that use custom inspectors that hide certain values. But RFPS does that a lot.

13. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

Oh okay. Could it be that the animation of raising the gun is actually not part of the readying animation? Like it was done using Unity's animation tools?

Is it also possible to change how sprinting and guns work so that when you're sprinting you can press left click to fire while sprinting?

14. chelnok

chelnok

Nonetheless, that is something i have never thought even i've seen hidden attribute in code (public variables).

15. petercoleman

petercoleman

Hi everyone,

Anyone know how to or has anyone already integrated the asset Third Person Cover Controller : https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/88424 into RFPSP and can share any details of how to?

I want to update my NPC non player characters AI (enemies in particular) but don't want to loose all the features that I have that RFPSP provides plus others that I have integrated additionally :) e.g. swimming, climb ladders, drive vehicles.

Thanks

Peter

Legorobotdude likes this.
  16. Emerald_Eel_Entertainment

I thought of another question to ask: is it possible to remove the waiting time needed for a weapon to finish its readying animation before being able to switch to the next? I can use the scroll wheel to move to the next weapon but it takes a long time to reach what I need. I'd peferrably like a way to get to the next weapon so that a single scroll can interrupt the readying of a weapon to go the weapon before/after the current one.

I know I can use the number keys to reach a weapon of choice but I find the scroll wheel to be more convenient.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
  17. AnimalMan

AnimalMan

My model animations are crazy distorted when I use your rig. Also when transferring your main RFPS player character model rig - I cant replicate the pose that its in, it isn't a regular T-pose making it much harder/impossible to actually change that model.

Any suggestions on how I can rig the bones to my mesh, or shape my mesh to the shape needed to take the bones?
    PLZ need help.

18. jons190

jons190

awsome. I was just starting to look for this too. So correct me if I am wrong. From a general performance standpoint, the overall script still takes a bit to process these types of secondary scripts , even if they are turned off via the check box, thus taking up a slight margin of performance?. So If completely removed from the parent script, you get a slight boost in performance? Is that my understanding of how Unity works? Or does it even matter?

19. jons190

jons190

AI errors:
    Config:
    Unity 5.6.5f1 Oculus utilites 1.30; RFPS 1.47 (not sure, but the latest version from a few weeks ago) and I'm a C# noob

So, I did a complete upgrade of my harness from Unity 5.2 to the latest unity 5.5.6 and then RFPS from 1.23 to 1.47 (I had to get the single pass sterro rendering option for mobile VR deving)
    The zombies work great (the only monster I am currently using), but after they chase you and you escape, they wander back to their original start point and when they get there, an error is thrown (red x o death error)

and now I am picking up a couple of errors in the AI.CS script

The First is:
    Assets/RFPSP/Scripts/AI/AI.cs(972,9): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent.Stop()' is obsolete: `Set isStopped to true instead'

and the corresponding line on the AI.CS script is:

Lines 972 in AI script//rotate to face target

SetSpeed(0.0f);
    agent.Stop();

and then also:

Assets/RFPSP/Scripts/AI/AI.cs(1022,10): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.AI.NavMeshAgent.Resume()' is obsolete: `Set isStopped to false instead'

and the corresponding line 1022 of AI.cs script

//set navmesh destination and set NPC speed
    void TravelToPoint( Vector3 position ){
    if(attackFinished){
    agent.SetDestination(position);
    1022- agent.Resume();
    agent.speed = speedAmt;
    SetSpeed(speedAmt);

So, my question here , is from a C# perspective; is it just as simple as swapping agent.Stop()' with agent.isStopped()

=

20. TonyLi

TonyLi

It doesn't matter. The overall script (ReconfigurePrefab.cs) usually only does its thing once, and the time it takes to disable the secondary scripts is negligible. Disabled scripts for all intents have no impact on performance.

The warnings about NavMeshAgent.Stop and Resume shouldn't break anything. If you want, you can change:
    Code (csharp):
    1. agent.Stop();
    to
    Code (csharp):
    1. agent.isStopped = true;
    and change:
    Code (csharp):
    1. agent.Resume();
    to
    Code (csharp):
    1. agent.isStopped = false;
    But I suspect the actual error that causes the red error message is from a different part of the AI script.

21. jons190

jons190

22. jadorks

jadorks

I believe the way Azuline Studio has been offline for a long while, there is something huge upcoming for RFPSP in unity 2018. Really can't wait any longer. Keep up the good work Azuline.

Mark_01 and llJIMBOBll like this.
  23. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

A RFPS 2 would be awesome, More Modular components :D

Mark_01 likes this.
  24. petercoleman

petercoleman

There has just been an Update. Perhaps that is it for 2018. One would have no idea as there is hardly any feedback to users since I have been using it, and no roadmap I am aware of.

Personally, I could certainly use some additions/updates and put them to good use. Improved AI behaviours, various driveable vehicle support for player (land and air) if not for Non Player NPC's, Particle weapon support, to name a few which would make my games much better by far and make the product more attractive to more users too.

Not sure such will ever be added as Azuline does not seem to ever ask users what they would like to see in an future updates. It seems to be a question of you get what you get when you get it approach which is just the way it is :)

Things you or in my case I want to add to my game I can cobble together somehow and do/have, but I am sure that the developer could add features that would be much better than I could as RFPSP is proof of it being really good in my opinion as far as it goes in the current feature set.

Yes I understand the developer is very busy thing and I appreciate that fact and that updating or adding new features is a major undertaking. I have been making games and using game engines long enough to know that.

We can all hope or wish for things we want or need included and that's likely too much to ask of any asset and accepted though as said quite likely you will never know if what you would like to see will ever be included :)

Wait and see is the only option and get on in the mean time - that's what i do anyway and I have a lot to do.

Personally I do like RFPSP a great deal and have a lot of time and effort invested in it. If I could find a better solution to provide the missing features I need or other assets that have them I could integrate with it, and I am looking constantly I would use it/them instead, but good options are hard to find it seems. Overall RFPSP is the best I see around,

Have great year everyone and good luck with your game making :)

Peter

25. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

I hate to bump but I've tried a few different things but it's a pretty rough solution. Anyone develop a smooth way of adding a UI element on pickups?

26. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm glad you bumped. I missed it the first time. When you pick something up, RFPS sends the message "PickUpItem" to the pickup object. You can add any script with a PickUpItem() method to the object. If you want to hook up activity through the inspector, try this script:

UnityEventOnPickUp.cs
    Code (csharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using UnityEngine.Events;
    4. public class UnityEventOnPickUp : MonoBehaviour
    5. {
    6.     public UnityEvent onPickUp = new UnityEvent();
    8.     void PickUpItem()
    9.     {
    10.         onPickUp.Invoke();
    11.     }
    12. }

27. witcher101

witcher101

how to implement bloodfx on rfps

28. Michael2D

Michael2D

I have kinda small issue in my project with your RFPSP asset.
    When I try to scroll to other weapon the previous weapon which was loaded goes on the side and I need to click shift+W to get it back to middle. Any help with this issue?? Thank you! have a nice day!

29. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

That worked much better! Thank you so much for this

TonyLi likes this.
  30. jons190

jons190

Hi. I have an interesting bug with particles . (I don't think this is a strictly RFPS issue though, more of a general particle effects issue) My torch effects look great when close up, but as I start moving away, the particles seem to get larger???? as I walk away and blow out. Has anyone seen this type of behavoid before? I've been trying different render options to no aval..
    Top picture: How it's supposed to look, bottom picture: the effects blow out.

31. OZAV

OZAV

32. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  33. OZAV

OZAV

Nah, duhh ... the best is to talk to the devs, i have requested today from them to update us here, with the links and video, when done with RFPS integration ... https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/98746

34. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Is there a tutorial on how to replace hands ?
    At me that they in a floor fail, that still that that

35. SentientSkull

SentientSkull

I'm thinking of buying this but I'd like to know:

Can another AI system be used with it? I want to use root motion for the NPCs to avoid foot sliding.

Is it possible to use custom arm animations for the weapon handling/reloading so that completely different types of weapons can be used?

Is it compatible with Unity 2018.1?

AntonioModer likes this.
  36. thenamesace

thenamesace

You can use emerald AI or behaviour design with this you can swap out the arms and weapons for your own with animations
    As for unity 2018 I have no idea but seems as though it’s in beta still I wouldn’t work with it until the bugs are sorted apparently it brakes lots of stuff

37. maherahmedraza

maherahmedraza

Guys I am having a problem with RFPS v1.44. In my project I have a cutscene running at the start of the game so initially i have switched off the FPS Main object and I activate it after the cutscene but it throws some error on activation ...Basically its all because of WeaponBehaviourComponent variable is empty and I don't know how get rid of these errors.https://forum.unity.com/attachments...7/?temp_hash=0b6bdfa72d7c65a33bc92873cc03ef8b

Attached Files:

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

Don't deactivate the FPS prefab. Instead, free it up for the cutscene by calling the MovePlayerAndCamera script's ReleaseMainCameraAndMovePlayer method.

39. Infantry

Infantry

Hello,

I almost have this program down to a tee however I am missing a vital part of it for my project. Instead of using aiming per mouse rotation I am trying to use the prefab to shoot on a cursor position on click with the screen. I believe this is called Camera.ScreenToWorldPoint(Input.mousePoision)

Code (CSharp):
    1.  #pragma strict
    2. var prefab : GameObject;
    3. var distance = 10.0;
    4. function Update () {
    5.      if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(0)) {
    7.          var position = Vector3(Input.mousePosition.x, Input.mousePosition.y, distance);
    8.          position = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(position);
    9.          var go = Instantiate(prefab, transform.position, Quaternion.identity) as GameObject;
    10.          go.transform.LookAt(position);  
    11.          Debug.Log(position);  
    12.          go.rigidbody.AddForce(go.transform.forward * 1000);
    13.      }
    14. }
    Where in the script do I need to modify the camera so this is possible?

Secondly is there a way to move the character without the WSAD keys? Trying to make more of an on rails shooter than a FPS game. Any ideas anyone?

40. jadorks

jadorks

It's out:D:)

thenamesace likes this.
  41. hsxtreme

hsxtreme

Will have update to run with 2018.1?

AntonioModer and JamesArndt like this.
  42. jadorks

jadorks

Very soon I hope, and I'm sure latest next week it should be teased or something like that

43. petercoleman

petercoleman

I am running RFPS with Unity 2018.1. I do not seem to have any critical issues despite the latest version of Unity being a major update in how it handles things and RFPS seems to be ruin fine for me at least.

Anyone thinking of updating to Unity 2018.1 is of course advised to make sure they backup their existing projects before doing so. Unity 2018 seems to be a leap forward and is fast and improves game quality out of the box. Of course you may have some issues with other assets you may have installed. Personally, I have some minor ones like a few textures/materials are messed up but easily rectified.

As to any potential RFPS update conflict with Unity 2018 I don't think anyone knows. There is no imminent Update been announced by the developer for RFPS as far as I am aware and I guess that one wont be released with support for 2018 until the developer has updated it to do so and will inform the users at such time as it is seen to be compatible.

:)

AntonioModer and chelnok like this.
  44. jadorks

jadorks

Just curious, don't have access to my computer, does it really look better with the progressive lightmapper as well as the other function?

45. petercoleman

petercoleman

Actually I have not spent much time looking in depth at the new stuff and particularly the progressive light mapper. I don't really know how that works exactly, except that the baking indicator in the lower right status bar shows the process seemingly always active - it never actually seems to be doing anything though :)

All I can say about the quality out of the box is that clearly the "Standard Shader" is much improved and makes an obvious difference in visual quality and fidelity without a user actually doing anything.

Not had much time to concern myself with Unity itself as I have been updating projects to work with it and testing out some new assets I have to get them working with it too.

I also have a secondary game project on the go and have currently switched that over to another framework and been busy getting that up and running too.

Anyway I have all my projects now working without error with Unity 2018.1 so its relatively kind and stable it seems.

Petetr

AntonioModer and jadorks like this.
  46. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I was considering this purchase and downloaded the demo found on the Asset Store page. However when I play the demo in 3rd person mode and walk up to the ladder I just slide up the ladder. There is no climbing animation, he just slides straight up in his idle pose. Not only that but if you look straight ahead he stops climbing altogether and walks in place on the ladder! Is this a known issue that will be fixed?

I would utilize this package for it's 3rd person camera and right now that's not something I want to buy in it's current state.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Mucossa likes this.
  47. TheBooBear

TheBooBear

I own this package and started doing some simple testing and ran into and odd compatible bug. When I use the all stars character library from the asset store and then import RFPS, it breaks the all star package, just by importing it. At first thought it might be the input settings, but have ruled that out.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  48. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Use Particle System for Muzzle Flash

If you want to hide the old muzzle flash enable 'HideOldMF', MuzzleFlashGO and MuzzleFlashPS are for the 1st person weapon and the TP are for tp weapons.
    ADD TO LINE 10;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [Header ("Muzzle Flash PS")]
    2.     public bool HideOldHF = false;
    3.     public GameObject MuzzleFlashGO = null;
    4.     public ParticleSystem[] MuzzleFlashPS;
    5.     public GameObject TPMuzzleFlashGO = null;
    6.     public ParticleSystem[] TPMuzzleFlashPS;
    ADD TO LINE 748;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.         if (MuzzleFlashGO && MuzzleFlashPS.Length == 0)
    3.             MuzzleFlashPS = MuzzleFlashGO.GetComponentsInChildren<ParticleSystem> ();
    4.         if (TPMuzzleFlashGO && TPMuzzleFlashPS.Length == 0)
    5.             TPMuzzleFlashPS = TPMuzzleFlashGO.GetComponentsInChildren<ParticleSystem> ();
    ADD TO LINE 807;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                     if (MuzzleFlashGO) {
    3.                         foreach (ParticleSystem PS in MuzzleFlashPS) {
    4.                             PS.Stop ();
    5.                         }
    6.                     }
    7.                     if (TPMuzzleFlashGO) {
    8.                         foreach (ParticleSystem PS in TPMuzzleFlashPS) {
    9.                             PS.Stop ();
    10.                         }
    11.                     }
    ADD TO LINE 821;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                         if (MuzzleFlashGO) {
    3.                             foreach (ParticleSystem PS in MuzzleFlashPS) {
    4.                                 PS.Stop ();
    5.                             }
    6.                         }
    7.                         if (TPMuzzleFlashGO) {
    8.                             foreach (ParticleSystem PS in TPMuzzleFlashPS) {
    9.                                 PS.Stop ();
    10.                             }
    11.                         }
    ADD TO LINE 1443;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                             if (!HideOldHF)
    3.                                 muzzleRendererComponent.material.SetColor("_TintColor", muzzleFlashColor);
    ADD TO LINE 1448;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                             if (MuzzleFlashGO) {
    3.                                 foreach (ParticleSystem PS in MuzzleFlashPS) {
    4.                                     PS.Stop ();
    5.                                 }
    6.                             }
    7.                             if (TPMuzzleFlashGO) {
    8.                                 foreach (ParticleSystem PS in TPMuzzleFlashPS) {
    9.                                     PS.Stop ();
    10.                                 }
    11.                             }
    ADD TO LINE 1465;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                     if (MuzzleFlashGO) {
    3.                         foreach (ParticleSystem PS in MuzzleFlashPS) {
    4.                             PS.Stop ();
    5.                         }
    6.                     }
    7.                     if (TPMuzzleFlashGO) {
    8.                         foreach (ParticleSystem PS in TPMuzzleFlashPS) {
    9.                             PS.Stop ();
    10.                         }
    11.                     }
    ADD TO LINE 2338;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //CHANGED JIMBOB
    2.             if (!HideOldHF) {
    3.                 muzzleFlashColor.a = Random.Range (0.4f, 0.5f);
    4.                 muzzleRendererComponent.material.SetColor ("_TintColor", muzzleFlashColor);
    6.                 muzzleRendererComponent.enabled = true;
    7.             }
    ADD TO LINE 2345;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.             if (!CameraControlComponent.thirdPersonActive) {
    3.                 if (MuzzleFlashGO) {
    4.                     foreach (ParticleSystem PS in MuzzleFlashPS) {
    5.                         if (!PS.isPlaying)
    6.                             PS.Play ();
    7.                     }
    8.                 }
    9.             } else {
    11.                 if (CameraControlComponent.thirdPersonActive) {
    12.                     if (TPMuzzleFlashGO) {
    13.                         foreach (ParticleSystem PS in TPMuzzleFlashPS) {
    14.                             if (!PS.isPlaying)
    15.                                 PS.Play ();
    16.                         }
    17.                     }
    18.                 }
    19.             }
    ADD TO LINE 2368
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                 if (MuzzleFlashGO)
    3.                     MuzzleFlashGO.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.AngleAxis (Random.value * 360, Vector3.forward);
    ADD TO LINE 2373;
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //ADDED JIMBOB
    2.                 if (TPMuzzleFlashGO)
    3.                     TPMuzzleFlashGO.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.AngleAxis (Random.value * 360, Vector3.forward);

Mark_01 likes this.
  49. paulojsam

paulojsam

is tactical shooter ai compatible with this, and if soo is there any tutorial

50. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

No

No word on this bug at all? No one has seen this?