Search Unity

Realistic FPS Prefab [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Deleted User, Apr 5, 2013.

1. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Thank you

2. w34edrtfg

w34edrtfg

Are you serious about this? That money would pay me a pending bill.
    If yes, i will start making one, but it will for sure need some changes on their scripts.

3. IjlalAhsen

IjlalAhsen

Hi, I need help for changing Bad NPC's in Realistic FPS prefab?
    can I change Enimies?
    need Help Thnak you!!!

4. GWStudio

GWStudio

hi everyone i have three questions first one how to make one ammo pickup to work for 2 or more weapons ???
    the second one when i play the game every weapon materials change to instance of the same material how to stop this ??? the third question how to change weapon shell model ???

5. witcher101

witcher101

ya i will certainly pay if you can make a proper1

6. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

I would be willing to buy that as well if it's put on the Asset Store. You definitely need to get the "okay" from @Azuline-Studios though.

7. BlurTimeTeam

BlurTimeTeam

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Mark_01 and Arealjighead like this.
  8. ronaldomoon

ronaldomoon

IDK about $50 though considering RFPSP is only $30. I'd be willing to spend $25-30 on it though.

9. o0neza0o

o0neza0o

Hey guys, need some advice/help with my project and was wandering if anyone has any free time and has discord?

10. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, did you find a fix for this?
    I'm splitting up my scenes and terrains atm and have this same problem.
    Thanx Jim

11. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@IjlalAhsen Hello. You can change the soldiers the way you change the zombies, just follow the same instructions. But Instead, use the BadSoldier as you starting point & don't forget to attach the weapon to the NPCs hand so it inherits the same movement during the animations. I would save the muzzle flash & weapon that is attached to the BadSoldier at first, then change the weapon after so it has an exact position as last. Otherwise it can really take some time getting a new gun to line up properly with each animation. I've made a BadSoldier in a previous project but here is an example of a GoodSoldier i created. The same concept was applied. Izzy.png

12. jons190

jons190

Hey, saw your post. maybe I can help. What version of unity and RFPS are you using. Theres a vid tutorial for 1.24 and below that works real well.

13. RoyS

RoyS

What is "story mode"? I don't see any difference?

14. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

prob just disables the wave mode, or enemies

15. GWStudio

GWStudio

1. Does anyone know how to integrate RFPS with Ultimate Fracturing & Destruction? It doesn't seem like it should be to difficult, but I'm not good at coding so I don't know for sure.

16. TrollMagnet

TrollMagnet

Does anyone know how I can modify the animation controllers for any of the prefab NPCs? I'm trying to create my own NPCs for a game but I don't know how to set up the animations, and I can't seem to view them in animator. Like whenever I click on say the "Robot Controller" for the robot NPC, it doesn't show the mecanim set up in the animator.

Any fix?

17. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@TrollMagnet Hello. You can access the Animator Controller in the folder RFPS/Objects/NPCs/Robot/Meshes. Then just copy that Controller(ctrl+D) & make your own out of the newly copied one.Click on each animation in Animator & drag your new animations into each slot titled Motion. It should show the Mechanim set up for each NPCs controller. Make sure you have the Animator window open.
    Or are you talking about its not showing the example model playing the animations? In that case make sure the display window is not minimzied & just drag a model in the window. Hope this helps

TrollMagnet likes this.
  18. Team_Resurrection

Team_Resurrection

Can someone please send me the latest particle effects script in the asset pack or tell me how to convert it from ellipsoid to particle emitter. I have been working on my game since 1.23 and want to change the blood effects, but cant because the particle emitter script uses ellipsoid which isn't compatible with the effects. PLEASE HELP if you at all can. Thanks my dudes.

19. GhereGames

GhereGames

If this has already been answered, sorry, but I've searched the forum and couldn't find a solution. I have zombies that I've added the CreatureDamage script to. They take RFPS damage from melee weapons and firing damage from guns. But they don't take any grenade damage.. Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  20. GhereGames

GhereGames

I think I got it. I added a box collider, rigidbody and location damage to the torso bip. Now to figure out the best numbers for strong grenade damage.

21. danteswap

danteswap

No there Is No Fix From the Developer . although You Can use Raycast To Check on Which Terrain You are and the modify The Active terrain function In Some Deep if Else In the Footsteps Code To use That Terrains Textures For Sound. Its Complicated but Was Working , But I Instead Went to Single big Terrainn So No Need For That

22. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

I downloaded the demo today, and I'm very seriously considering purchasing this. I have a concern about the camera though, as it looks like it has a lot of motion blur attached to it. Is that something they added through post processing, or is it hard coded through script? I need to be able to disable it.

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

It's a standard Unity postprocessing script. You can remove it.

24. danteswap

danteswap

Hello Devunit , I Got Your game It was Nice For The Starter But Needs Some Improvements , Although One Thing I Liked The Most Was You Map And Indicator System On UI Can You Help Me With That , I am also Working On Open World Shooting game , I Got The Map And Icons For Scattered Objects But Didn't Find a Way To Keep Icons On Map and rotate Around With Player When Out Of Range , Can you Help Me with That

25. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Has anyone found a way to have a loading screen in-between scenes and still be able to Spawn at the correct spot with all saved inventory? The transitions use a Scene Portal that doesn't really work for a loading screen that just has an animation and music (currently using PlayMaker for build).
    Also: is there a way to have the Scene Portal load Asynch?

26. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi I have found some bug where when you change scenes I get this error, This is a built version and not in unity editor. Not sure if it's just my project tho. I tried adding a do not destroy to the object pooling system, but still got this error after.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at WeaponBehavior+<SpawnShell>c__Iterator4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String)
    WeaponBehavior:Fire()
    WeaponBehavior:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

edit I think i've fixed it, think one of my scripts was too high in the script order :D

edit: It's a weird bug sometimes it gives an error and sometimes not, i'm getting this error now;

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2.   at WeaponEffects.BulletMarks (RaycastHit hit, Boolean meleeAttack) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    3.   at WeaponBehavior.HitObject (RaycastHit hit, Vector3 directionArg, Boolean isSecondCast) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at WeaponBehavior+<FireOneShot>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
    7. UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String)
    8. WeaponBehavior:Fire()
    9. WeaponBehavior:Update()
    10. (Filename:  Line: -1)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  27. TonyLi

TonyLi

Are you using the Save System for RFPS's Scene Portal, or RFPS's built-in functionality? The Save System loads async, supports level transitions such as loading screens/scenes, keeps all saved inventory, and lets you specify where in the new scene to spawn the player. If you're using it and have any questions about how to make it work, just let me know.

28. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Can I find out what kind of system to use Save System for RFPSP?
    I want to understand in more detail.
    this PlayerPrefs ? Or something different ?
    I want to know where the information is stored in a file or registry )

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  29. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @FarmerGold - It can save anywhere. The Save System ships with two components: One to save to PlayerPrefs, another to save to local disk files. Both versions encrypt saved games. Just add the one you want to use to your Save System GameObject. If you don't add one, the Save System will automatically use the PlayerPrefs version. If you want to save somewhere else, you can write your own SavedGameDataStorer script instead. The Save System includes a starter template script.

p.s. - The official version of the WebGL demo scene is here. There's also a link to the demo on the Asset Store page.

VE_GAME likes this.
  30. VE_GAME

VE_GAME

Thanks!

Sorry did not notice the link, now delete

31. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

I am using the Save System for RFPS, would it be the StandardSceneTransitionManager script? My loading screen is a separate Scene all together as apposed to an Animator if that confuses things.

32. TonyLi

TonyLi

That's the script. Just put your loading scene's name in the Loading Scene Name field, and make sure you've added the scene to your build settings. The animator stuff is optional. If you want to guarantee that the loading scene is visible for a minimum amount of time, set Min Transition Duration (in seconds). Otherwise it will switch from the loading scene to the next gameplay scene as soon as possible.

33. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Awesome thanks, do I attach it to the Scene Portal?

34. TonyLi

TonyLi

Attach it to the Save System GameObject.

35. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Works perfectly! Glad I sprung for the Save System.

On another note has anyone played with the hierarchy of the GUICamera and UI images? I created a HUD to display the weapon name / ammo / health but it always places the Ammo and Health text behind the Canvas Sprite. Tried changing the Layer of HealthText and AmmoText to UI and different depths and positions on the Canvas but no luck so far.

Attached Files:

36. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thanks!

There's a child of FPS Main named UI Canvas. Have you tried increasing its Canvas's Sort Order? If you're playing in the editor, you can do this at runtime to experiment with different sort orders.

37. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

I have version 1.44 but not seeing any object under FPS Main that's labeled UI Canvas, found GUI Layer under Main Camera, could it be misplaced?

Attached Files:

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

Check the FPS Prefab Sandbox scene, or the FPS Main prefab. They both have a UI Canvas GameObject. It's inactive, but RFPS activates it when it starts. If you don't see it, inspect your FPS Player. On the FPS Player component, it's assigned to the Canvas Obj property.

39. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Hey. Alright, replacing weapon meshes has me stumped. I followed the video for "MyNewWeapon" and indeed created a new weapon, which is all well and good, but the mesh (including the arms) material is grey. I decided to do it the old fashioned way and added a new PBR weapon mesh for the AK through parenting which worked. The problem with that solution is that the animations for reload and rechamber don't work. Let me rephrase that, the animations play, they just don't grab the new PBR magazine and slide. both objects stay static even with the animations playing.

Also, is there no way to replace the FPS arms? I have a full character I want to use. If I replace the third person character, will it replace the FPS arms with the character I want to use? I don't see how, as the prefab arms are attached to the weapons. Great product, terrible docs and video tuts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

40. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@Oderus_Urungus Hello. In reference to the reload animation not playing, this is what worked for me. Follow the same instructions you already did, but instead of deleting magazine & slide in the old reference weapon. Just drop the new meshes under them as child objects so they inherent the same posistion as last mesh. If you look on page 90 I have a more descriptive post about this. The one with the photo attached to it. Hope this helps

Oderus_Urungus likes this.
  41. Ganlas

Ganlas

Just got this and it's not decompressing when I import.

42. Arealjighead

Arealjighead

@Ganlas Try re downloading the asset & see if that helps.

43. Ganlas

Ganlas

Hey, I figured it out. It turns out I was low on disk space!

44. halo_of_the_sun

halo_of_the_sun

Anyone played with Anchoring AmmoText or HealthText? I've added a Rect Transform and played with the Scripts to try to override the Vertical and Horizontal Offset but it likes to move around (first image is 16:9 / second image is Free Aspect)

Capture2.PNG Capture.PNG

45. TonyLi

TonyLi

From those images, I'm pretty sure it's the Canvas Scaler on your UI Canvas. There are a lot of ways you can address it; each handles screen resolutions a little differently. You could change UI Scale Mode to Constant Pixel Size or get rid of the scaler entirely to disable scaling. Or change the Match slider all the way to the left (Width) or the right (Height). The Designing UI For Multiple Resolutions page is a long read, but it's useful.

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

Save System 1.0.7 for Realistic FPS Prefab Released

It's now available on the Unity Asset Store. It's still the only dedicated save system for Realistic FPS Prefab that restores not just data but also RFPSP's runtime state so RFPSP can continue to run properly after loading a saved game or changing scenes through a scene portal. And it's still just as easy to set up, with no scripting required. (Full source code is included, though.)

Version 1.0.7 Release Notes:
    • Added: Emerald AI save support. (Saves position, health, and current behavior. Doesn't handle the integration with RFPSP's combat system. I believe BHS is working on that.)
    • Improved: Save System now uses nonallocating (no GC) methods when loading. It was already pretty efficient; now it's even more efficient. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    magique likes this.
  47. magique

magique

Isn't it version 1.07?

Btw, thanks for this update. I am using Emerald AI 2.0 and this added feature will be great.

TonyLi likes this.
  48. TonyLi

TonyLi

Thank you! I'll fix that now.

49. magique

magique

Awesome. I will definitely give this a try with UMA. One question though. Do you know if there's a way to change the FPS arms/hands so they match the UMA model?

50. Oderus_Urungus

Oderus_Urungus

Thanks @Arealjighead. Your tip has helped greatly. I now have a PBR tactical hatchet, knife, M4, AK, grenade, and I'm finishing up the rest of my weapons.

I'm changing these weapons out like a breeze now.

Much obliged!

Arealjighead likes this.